Charlevoix Public Schools is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Band Director. Our next band director should be an energetic, growth-mindset individual who has a passion for working with children and maintaining a quality program. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with (JX) or (JQ) endorsements
- Instructing 5th, 6th, middle school and high school bands
- Creating a classroom environment that fosters individuality, curiosity, and a passion for learning and playing music.
- Directing instrumental performances, including concert band, soloists and ensembles.
- Organizing, rehearsing and directing for marching band and pep band.
- Compiling budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs
- Supervising fundraising activities, accounting of funds and products, and deposit procedures.
- Maintaining a current inventory within the department
- Overseeing the process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all band equipment
- Collaborating with Band Boosters on events, projects, etc.
- Collaborating with and directing the Charlevoix City Band.
Charlevoix Elementary School & Charlevoix Middle High School Reports To:
CES and CMHS Principals Beginning Date:
2020 - 2021 school year Hours:
Per master agreement Salary & Benefits:
Per master agreement Application Deadline:
July 22, 2020 Send Credentials To:
Apply via the website at www.rayder.net - Employment Info.Posting Date:
July 1, 2020
The Charlevoix Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic, (collectively, "Protected Classes") in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The following person is designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies of the District or to address any complaint of discrimination: Superintendent, 104 E. St. Mary's Dr., Charlevoix, MI, 49720, (231) 547-8101.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Classroom Teacher > Music: Instrumental Contact Information
- Jessica Fettig
- 8568 Mercer Rd.
- Charlevoix, Michigan 49720