POSITION: Title I Reading Paraprofessional Temporary
Non - Certificated Personnel
Part Time - 9 Months 3 hours
Non - Bargaining Unit Position
Non - Exempt
Salary Range - $13.57 to $15.32 hour / Based on college hours, Degree or
Degree with Teaching Certificate
Student Services Coordinator
Other Faculty and Office Staff
Under the direction of the Principal or Assistant Principal and assigned classroom
teacher, assists in providing instruction to individuals or small groups of students in a
classroom or instructional setting; performs various tasks in assisting with the
educational needs associated with the particular program to which assigned.
Provide individual and small groups of students with reading intervention and
reinforcement under the direct supervision of a certified teacher.
Classroom paraprofessionals, paraprofessionals and one-to-one paraprofessionals
may function in a variety of roles: those which are instructionally-based, those which
are physically-management based and those which are medically-based. Job
responsibilities may shift among these roles dependent upon the needs of the
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties
performed by the individual holding this position may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
1. Valid State of Illinois Professional Educator License with Self
Contained General Education Endorsement or Educator License
with Stipulations (PARA)
2. Degree or minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit
3. Must be NCLB highly qualified
4. Demonstrated concern for child's well being
5. Willingness to accept instruction
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide reading intervention to students assigned.
2. Assist students with understanding directions.
3. Prepare instructional materials needed for intervention program.
4. Assess students as directed.
5. Provide feedback on student progress to teacher, principal, and program coordinator.
6. Participate in professional development activities.
7. Attend instructional team and faculty meetings as directed.
8. Prepares for classroom and/or other assigned activities under the direction of the teacher and/or principal.
9. Assist the classroom teacher with the instruction and supervision of students during classroom activities.
10. Work with individual students or small groups to reinforce new skills initially introduced by the classroom teacher.
11. Assist the classroom teacher in devising and implementing strategies for reinforcing skills based on data.
12. Maintain anecdotal notes, written observations, and other approved forms of documentation for students when instructed to do so by the classroom teacher.
13. Assist with critical daily activities.
14. Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with the public and district personnel using tact, courtesy, and good judgment. 15. Ability to perform support functions requiring independent judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving in accordance with established policies and regulations.
16. Ability to maintain privacy of sensitive and confidential information.
17. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
18. Perform general clerical duties such as: preparation of instructional materials, scoring student work, prepares materials for classroom use, etc.
19. Operate a variety of office equipment such as copy machines, computer, and printers. 20. Possess language skills including composition, punctuation, spelling and correct usage. 21. Attend building meetings and in-service training.
22. Maintain commitment to ongoing professional development.
23. Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal.
Small groups of children or individuals, as assigned, under the supervision of a certified teacher.
1. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and feedback.
3. Ability to compose correspondence, reports, and/or other required written materials.
4. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information.
5. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions, inquiries, and/or complaints.
6. Displays courtesy, tact, and respect when dealing with others.
1. Ability to perform basic math using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals consistent with the duties of this position.
1. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee experiences constant interruptions and inflexible deadlines. The noise level in this environment is quiet to moderate. Duties are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors. In-district and out-of-town travel required as necessary for training and/or to carry out duties and responsibilities.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- NATACIA CAMPBELL TOMINOV
- 420 N Raynor Ave
- Joliet, Illinois 60435