Carney, Sandoe & Associates, an educational recruitment firm, is currently seeking experienced School Counselors
to fill positions at the K-12 private and independent schools we work with.
Our job placement service is free to job-seekers. By getting to know you personally -- beyond just your resume -- we provide you with customized, curated job opportunities that match your specific requirements (location, school type, position type, etc.) and skills, saving you the time of sorting through thousands of job postings.Interested and qualified candidates are required to complete our online application. Please click the "Apply for this job!" button within this posting.
Our partnering schools will list positions for the 2020-2021 school year in the Fall of 2019. Apply with us today to begin supplementing your profile to directly apply to 1,000+ schools for this school year and next!
Responsibilities of the School Counselor:
- Provide leadership in social emotional programming and curricula developed with responsiveness to student needs.
- Facilitate students' development of social-emotional skills and strategies.
- Assist teachers in developing and implementing strategies that promote social emotional health in the classroom.
- Provide direct support to students and advocate for their social emotional needs.
- Identify and communicate to division heads and assistant division heads any at-risk students or concerns.
- Consult with other counselors regarding the needs of the school, students, and families.
- Help facilitate and ensure effective communication and coordination between all parts of the school community for students with psychological, psychiatric, and/or mental health needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Categories: Student Services > Psychologist
Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor
Student Services > Social Worker Job Requirements
- Master's degree in school counseling, social work, psychology, counseling, or related field REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3 years of age-appropriate teaching or counseling experience
- Demonstrated expertise developing and leading programmatic initiatives
- Experience working with students from diverse ethnic, gender, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds
At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred Master degree preferred Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required Contact Information