THIS POSITION IS FOR THE 22/23 SCHOOL YEAR AND IS A PERMANENT .5 (PART TIME) POSITION.JOB SUMMARY
The Teacher promotes and develops successful learning for students, performs instructional and related duties in accordance with District Policies and terms of the teacher contract. The Teacher also maintains a cooperative attitude with staff, parents, and students. The Teacher reports to the Principal or Designated Administrator and does not supervise any employees.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaching and Learning
- Provide a variety of situational appropriate instructional techniques and methods
- Promote high levels of achievement in relation to individual abilities
- Use techniques and methodologies appropriate to student abilities
- Use current and relevant subject matter
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to use research-based principles of effective instruction
- Organize instruction using learning objectives with clearly defined student outcomes
- Employ teaching strategies congruent with planned student outcomes
- Select teaching strategies emphasizing involvement
- Monitor student learning and pace instruction accordingly
- Build motivation and interest in learning
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective student learning
- Develop written rules of classroom behavior and communicate those rules to all students
- Enforce written rules for classroom behavior
- Communicate goals and academic expectations to students
- Provide for the health and safety of students in all instructional settings
Planning and Preparation
- Prepare effectively for class
- Prepare daily lesson plans
- Provide instruction based on District-approved curriculum and standards
- Provide instruction predicated on course goals and objectives
- Develop and communicate appropriate progress grading standards to students
- Establish written grading standards that are clear and incorporate a variety of graded activities
- Assure that grading standards are explained, understood by the students, and available to parents
- Provide documentation of student progress
- Provide timely and accurate feedback/documentation to students and parents
- Maintain appropriate records of student performance
- Assign and check homework and provide feedback, when appropriate
- Keep parents and teachers informed through written and oral communication
Develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Model personal behaviors of honesty, fairness, courtesy and consideration
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with administration staff, students and parents
- Communicate with parents, counselors and students
- Communicate with classified, licensed and administrative staff
- Instruct and direct assigned instructional assistants to maximize delivery of instructional services
- Exhibit personal interest and encourage student interest in the subject area
- Maintain a current awareness of literature/activities in subject area
- Maintain an ongoing personal program of professional growth and development
- Develop and implement annually an approved plan for professional growth and development
- Identify and request to attend professional workshop activities intended to increase the teacher's instructional effectiveness
- Participate in District sponsored in-service offerings appropriate to assignment
Perform other related duties as assigned by the principal and/or superintendentPerform duties in accordance with District policy and terms set forth in the negotiated agreementAssist in the enforcement of school and District rules and policies Other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume a share of responsibility for non-classroom student activities with the assigned workday
- Provide quality instruction for students at all levels of academic and social-emotional development utilizing high-leverage strategies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in education, teaching, and/or biological or physical sciences, at minimum. Proven experience in improving graduation and/or attendance rates in high school students preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in team and individual settings. Passionate about working with and motivating struggling high school students and their families.
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions. Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Creative problem-solver.
- General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use e-mail, internet software and word processing software. Preferred experience with 21st Century educational technology tools and blended learning.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents and members of the community. Focus on "student-learning", rather than "teaching" preferred. Experience with proficiency-based learning and grading preferred. Training or skills in the following preferred: AVID, Constructing Meaning, Culturally-relevant teaching.
- Current Oregon TSPC teaching license with appropriate endorsement. Physics or Chemistry Endorsement preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.In an 8-hour workday, this job requires:R
- Rarely (Less than .5 hr per day)O
- Occasionally (.5-2.5 hrs per day)F
- Frequently (2.5-5.5 hrs per day)C
- Continually (5.5-8 hrs per day)NA
- Not ApplicablePhysical RequirementsNAROFC
Walking (level surface)
Walking (uneven surface)
Crouching (bend at knees)
Stooping (bend at waist)
Repetitive use arms
Repetitive use hands grasping
Repetitive use hands squeezing
Using foot control
Pushing/Pulling (Maximum Weight: 40 lbs)
Lifting/Carrying (Maximum Weight: 40 lbs)
Identify items typically moved: ___________________________________________Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: GeneralJob RequirementsContact Information
- Laura Jackson , Adm. Assistant HR
- 474 North 16th Street
- St. Helens,Oregon 97051
- Phone: 503-366-7228
- Email: click here