Child Nutrition ServerReports to:
Reports to the Child Nutrition /Manager/Assistant ManagerSupervises:
Purpose and Objectives of the Position:
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful performance of the tasks listed.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office (after employment offer is made). Maintain current TB testing as required by Health Department regulations.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean appearance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
The Culinary Crew (Cook, Server, Cashier, Salad Maker, Baker) helps prepare and serve the students nutritious and attractive meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and warmth. To accomplish these tasks the Culinary Crew (Cook, Server, Cashier, Salad Maker, Baker) must work closely with the students and staff. Essential Job Functions:
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to assist in food preparation.
- Ability to follow USDA guidance.
- Ability to travel within district at any given time during the work day,
- Ability to support district/school catering during/after work day.
- Ability in math skills to refine recipes, calculate portion sizes, etc.
- Ability to maintain HACCP, production records, etc.
- Ability to ensure all activities conforms to district guidelines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
- Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, meeting deadlines as assigned.
- Ability to operate all equipment appropriately as required.
- Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
- Requires prolonged standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching and turning.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
- Must work in and around fumes and odors.
- Ability to perform duties assigned by Child Nutrition Manager to prepare and serve meals in an efficient and pleasant manner.
- Ability to properly use and care for all equipment in all phases of food preparation.
- Ability to follow rules for personal hygiene and overall cleanliness and sanitation in kitchen.
- Ability to work with Child Nutrition Manager in a pleasant, cheerful manner to make school meals a happy learning time for all students. Attend inservice meetings and job-related training classes when possible for learning and exchange of ideas to make the breakfast and lunch programs successful.
- Ability to implement and follow all school district policies at all times.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
- Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as directed by the Child Nutrition Manager.
Employee shall meet all the pre-employment and yearly requirements as specified in the Policies of the Board of Education.Term of Employment:
$ 11.25/hr, based on the USD #453 Salary ScheduleFLSA Status:
Non - Exempt; HourlyEvaluation:
Performance effectiveness will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board of Education Policy.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:15
Job Category :Career Education > Culinary ArtsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Laura Jacobs
- 200 N. 4th Street
- Leavenworth,Kansas 66048
- Phone: (913) 684-1400
- Email: click here