This position is split between Kenilworth and Dunbar Elementary.
For more information about our district and benefits please visit our website at www.phxschools.org.
Salary placement is based on level of education and years of contracted teaching experience, between $41760.00 and $60501.00 for a 1.0 FTE.JOB SUMMARY
The Music Teacher is responsible for providing each student enrolled in the schools served with varied opportunities to learn about and enjoy general music experiences as creators, performers, observers, and listeners. The Music Teacher is also responsible for providing each student enrolled in an instrumental music program the opportunity to learn about and enjoy a band or orchestra and to receive individual or small-group instruction on the instrument of the student's choice.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
• Meets and instructs assigned classes in locations and at times designated.
• Teaches both instrumental and general music to students as assigned by the principal.
• Creates and maintains a classroom environment where learning takes place.
• Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
• Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitation of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
• Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District Policy and administrative regulation.
• Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board Policy.
• Attends and participates in weekly home school faculty meetings and monthly music departmental meetings.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with students, parents and other staff members.
• Serves as music resource person in schools served.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the selections of music books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
• Manages the music budget assigned to the building under the guidance of the principal.
• Cooperates with other staff members in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
• Provides for own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course-work at institutions of higher learning. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to establish and maintain good communication and working relationships with students, parents and staff members.
• Possess the skills necessary to teach a wide variety of musical instruments.
• Possess adequate vocal and keyboard skills necessary to teach and accompany traditional elementary songs and teach chorus.TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in Music from an accredited college or university.• Must hold appropriate Arizona Teaching Certificate (with Instrumental and General endorsements).
• Some successful prior music teaching experience in a public school setting desired.
• Ability to speak Spanish desired. BIL or ESL Endorsement highly desired.
• Prior successful experience directing chorus and band activities desired.This position is eligible for benefits. Learn more about our plans here: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalEmployer Description
Phoenix Elementary School District #1 serves 7500+ preschool through eighth grade students in the heart of Downtown Phoenix. We offer a breadth of special programs and curriculum dedicated to the total development of every student. We offer teachers and support staff alike with the opportunity to live in a major metropolitan area that offers cultural, educational and a wealth of outdoor activities and opportunities. At the same time, our district also provides what feels like a small town community and staff to give you all the support you need for success. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information
- Jason Hammond
- 1817 N. 7th Street
- Phoenix,Arizona 85006
- Phone: (602)257-4009
- Email: click here