TITLE: Maintenance Technician - MechanicalREPORTS TO: Director of OperationsQUALIFICATIONS: a. Experience in maintaining all types of building heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment b. Shall have sufficient knowledge of appropriate Federal and State safety regulations, electrical and building codes to work in the above listed areas safely and to code. c. Be able to troubleshoot any problems that would arise in the mechanical area of the District. d. High School diploma or equivalent.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Heating, Cooling and Ventilation
- Have or be able to learn the metasys system.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative and corrective maintenance on lighting systems, fire alarm systems, security systems and refrigeration systems.
- Communicate closely with the building administrators in scheduling work that could cause a disruption in the educational program.
WORK SCHEDULE: 12 month, 8 hour/daySALARY: Commensurate with Terms and Conditions of Employment for Maintenance EmployeesThe statements contained herein describe the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts the Board's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by law or a negotiated contract.The Marion Independent School District is an EEO/AA employer.Inquiries by employees or applicants for employment regarding compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws and policies, including but not limited to complaints of discrimination, will be directed to the Affirmative Action Coordinator by writing to the Affirmative Action Coordinator (Superintendent), Marion Independent School District, Marion , Iowa 52302; or by telephoning 319-377-4691. Inquiries or complaints regarding sex discrimination may be referred to the District's Equity and Title IX Coordinator, Gretchen Kriegel, Assistant Superintendent, 777 South 15th Street, Marion, Iowa, 52302, 319-377-4691, [email protected]EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYInquiries by employees or applicants for employment regarding compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws and policies, including but not limited to complaints of discrimination, may also be directed in writing to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commissions, Milwaukee Area Office, Reuss Federal Plaza, 310 West Wisconsin Ave., Suite 800, Milwaukee, WI., 53203-2292, (800) 669-4000 or TTY (800) 669-6820. http://www.eeoc.gov/field/milwaukee/index.cfm or the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, 400 E. 14th Street, Des Moines, Iowa, 50319-1004, (515) 281-4121 or 1-800-457-4416, http://www.iowa.gov/government/crc/. This inquiry or complaint to the federal office may be done instead of, or in addition to, an inquiry or complaint at the local level.Further information and copies of the procedures for filing a complaint are available in the school district's central administrative office and the administrative office in each attendance center.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative and minor corrective maintenance on all types of plumbing systems and components, on sheet-metal construction, windows, doors, and door hardware, on all types of portable building maintenance or cleaning equipment such as floor machines, kitchen equipment and laundry equipment as needed.
- Share responsibility with other maintenance employees for the 24 hour, 7 day a week emergency response needs.
- Provide assistance and advice relative to repair or renovation of buildings and building equipment.
- Assist with upkeep of the district grounds and athletic complexes, assist with snow removal, setup for special events and cleanup during emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > MaintenanceEqual Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers. Contact Information
- Stephanie Viner
- 777 S 15th St
- Marion,Iowa 52302
- Phone: 319-377-4691
- Email: click here