Job Title:Grounds Crew MechanicSalary:$14.90 per hourBenefits:F
ull benefits including paid holidays, sick leave, annual leave, holiday pay, health insurance and retirement. Qualifications:
- HS diploma preferred.
- Ability to read, write, plan and comprehend
- Requires a self-motivated individual
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
- 1 year experience in maintaining lawn equipment and working with landscaping and horticulture
Grounds Crew Foreman and Maintenance SupervisorJob Goal:
To maintain the grounds of all district schools in a condition of safety, neatness, and aesthetic attractiveness, so that each student may be provided with a safe and attractive outdoor environment.Job Responsibilities:
Terms of Employment:
- Participates in the grounds maintenance and gardening work.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Digs flower beds, using appropriate tools, weeds, trims, prunes, waters and edges around walks, trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Operates tractor, using specific attachments, to till, cultivate and grade new turf areas, to apply prescribed fertilizer and insecticide, and to carefully mow rough and fairway areas.
- Rake and burn leaves, sweeps up litter, loads and then drives truck to landfill with debris.
- Shovels snow, spreads salt and operates snow removal equipment.
- Repairs fences, gates, walks and landscaping structure using carpentry and masonry tools.
- Cleans out drainage ditches. Installs, repairs and replaces traffic signs.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts in tools, machines and equipment.
- Maintains ground equipment in good working order.
- Washes vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Twelve-month year; work schedule determined by the Superintendent. Salary in accordance with the adopted schedule. (Grade 572)Physical Requirements:
Must be able to physically perform the basic operational functions of stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, hearing and repetitive motion. The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and a maximum of 40 pounds.Evaluation:
Evaluated in accordance with the Board's policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsContact Information
- Erika Newkirk
- 750 S. Merritt Mill Road
- Chapel Hill,North Carolina 27516
- Phone: 919-967-8211
- Email: click here