The Elementary Music Teacher will provide a rigorous academic environment that actively engages students; incorporates best educational practices; creates an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity and addresses the needs of all learners and supports the social/emotional development of the students. Qualifications:
Professional Educator License (PEL) or eligible for an appropriate license
Endorsement in K-8 Music Education or equivalent Evaluation:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Staff.Reports to:
Building Principal Terms of Employment:
This is a 9-month position. Salary and benefits as established by the Board of Education.FLSA Status:
ExemptDuties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Facilitates students' learning in correlation with the Illinois Learning Standards
- Communicates the essential questions to clarify the learning goals for each lesson.
- Configures lessons and select instructional strategies with the intent of ensuring that all students can answer a lesson's essential question by its conclusion.
- Designs daily lessons incorporate Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization and/or Reading (WICOR) to ensure authentically rigorous learning experiences for all students.
- Designs lessons to include three or more unique learning tasks for students, at least one of which includes whole-class verbal participation.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Demonstrates the ability to individually assess and monitor the students' skills.
- Creates and nurtures supportive, student-centered classroom communities that promote personal empowerment, academic growth and social-emotional well-being of all learners.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Provides students with regular opportunities to collaborate with peers, move with purpose, and experience diverse instructional strategies so that they are physically and intellectually engaged as learners.
- Provides students time to interact with instructional resources and materials in a thoughtful, active manner to support their comprehension and long-term retention of information.
- Allows students to take an active role in their learning by setting and monitoring individualized goals, and processing and reflecting deliberately within lessons
- Implements each student's Individual Education Plan (IEP) as written and collaborate with colleagues to ensure appropriate modifications or accommodations.
- Assists and provides support to students struggling with social-emotional and behavioral concerns through the MTSS framework.
- Incorporates cultural diversity and appreciation within the curriculum.
- Uses technologies appropriately in the teaching/learning process.
- Participates in a professional learning community with a variety of stakeholders including but not limited to instructional staff, other school personnel, parents, and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Assists with the transition from one grade level to the next.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with parents and the community.
- Prepares students for a variety of musical performances.
- Directs performances including, but not limited to, grade level concerts, musicals, assemblies and other performances as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as determined by the principal or designee or as needs arise.
- Must demonstrate a record of effectiveness in their own teaching
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
- Must model a desire and willingness to continually learn
The physical demands of this position include frequent sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Repetitive bending at the waist as well as kneeling, stooping, crouching to assist students is also required. Regularly walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices, and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. ADA:
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
This job description is intended to describe minimum qualifications and duties and responsibilities performed by employees assigned to this position and is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The District reserves t
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Vicki Larson , Assistant Superintendent
- 401 N. Division St.
- Harvard,Illinois 60033
- Phone: 8159434022
- Email: click here