Jacksonville North Pulaski School DistrictPosition Title:
Skilled Maintenance Technician (HVAC, Plumber, Electrician, etc.)Department:
Director of MaintenanceContract:
2022-2023 School Year (244 days)Closing:
The role of the Skilled Maintenance Technician is to perform semi-skilled to skilled maintenance, construction and repair work in one or more of the building and construction trades.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs unskilled to skilled maintenance, repair and construction of District buildings and equipment in one or more of the building maintenance trades including locksmithing, carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating and air conditioning and roof and rain gutters for the purpose of ensuring that District facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and effective working order.
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance of gas and water lines, heating and cooling equipment, electrical fixtures and outlets; replace broken toilet seats, flush valve diaphragms, seals and gaskets; clean plugged drains, stop leaks, adjust water pressure and clean work area upon completion of work.
- Assists in the installation, repair and replacement of carpet, floor and ceiling tiles, repair blinds and shades; install dispensers and repair or install bathroom stalls.
- Assists in making minor electrical and mechanical repairs on such equipment as vacuum cleaners, buffers, electric clocks, washing machines, dryers, refrigerators and other small appliances.
- Prepares surfaces for painting, mixes paints, finishes and other coatings and applies to equipment, furniture and District facility structures.
- Assists in the construction of forms and metalwork, pour concrete and perform finish work; performs masonry, repairs and construction with brick and block.
- Maintains records of time, costs and materials needed in the maintenance and repair of District equipment and facilities; prepares work orders for more difficult and complex repairs or larger work projects.
- Operates a wide variety of tools and equipment including key-cutting machine, electric cart, steam cleaner, grinder, stripper, waxer, buffer, carpet cleaner, power hand tools, saws and hand tools used in the building maintenance trades.
- Assists with other duties such as tree removal, assembling and moving furniture and setting up chairs for events on and off-campus.
- Responds to emergency situations to resolve safety concerns and maintain an educational environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will exert 75-100 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must have an adequate range of motion in the upper extremities.
- Work may involve ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and ramps and will involve walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate equipment and use hand tools, and handle/work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Minimum 2 years general building maintenance experience required. Knowledge of tools, equipment, methods and materials used in semi-skilled to skilled maintenance in at least one of the building maintenance and construction trades is required. Applicants licensed in a skilled trade are preferred. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public. The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:3
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Tammy Knowlton , HR Director
- 1414 W Main Street
- Jacksonville,Arkansas 72206
- Phone: 501.241.2080
- Fax: 501.241.2092
- Email: click here