Salary Range I
High school diploma or equivalent.JOB DESCRIPTION
The job of Mechanic is done for the purpose/s of providing mechanic services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; performing repairs and preventive maintenance; ensuring completion of projects in accordance with trade standards; providing information on the proper uses of equipment; assisting other mechanics and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
This job reports to Shop Supervisor/Director of Transportation
- Attends unit in-service and safety meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Diagnoses vehicle malfunctions on all assigned vehicles for the purpose of determining needed vehicle repairs and/or replacements.
- Fabricates parts for the purpose of providing items necessary for repairs.
- Inspects vehicles (e.g. brake system, oil levels, coolant, tire pressure, wiper blades, fan belts, exterior and interior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition.
- Maintains tools, equipment and/or shop area for the purpose of ensuring the availability of tools and equipment, and safety within the workspace.
- Maintains records of repairs, costs, vehicle warranties, etc. for the purpose of documenting required information and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Performs road tests on all vehicles/school buses for the purpose of ensuring that vehicles are in safe operating order.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance program (e.g. oil change, tire rotation, break check, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining vehicles in a safe operating condition and meeting mandated requirements.
- Performs functions of a school bus driver for the purpose of meeting the district's transportation service needs.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair and maintenance logs, parts lists, warranty claims, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Repairs vehicle systems and components, etc. (e.g. wheelchair lifts, brakes, windows, diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, differentials, clutches, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of vehicles in safe operating condition.
- Responds to road calls regarding disabled vehicles for the purpose of performing emergency repair work in the field.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Trains and instructs assistant mechanics for the purpose of ensuring that assignments are completed in a in compliance within established guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; operating school buses and/or district vehicles; operating tools/equipment used in maintenance of vehicles; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods of maintaining vehicles; methods of storage and removal of hazardous materials; and safety practices and procedures; job-related codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies pertaining to pupil transportation.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; collate data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is significant. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; and working with interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; operating within a defined budget. utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, frequent climbing and balancing, significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience within a specialized field is required. CertificatesFLSA Status
Non ExemptBus Drivers Certificate
First Aid Certificate
Commercial Driver's License
Valid Driver's License & Evidence of Insurability
Continuing Educ./TrainingClearancesASE Certification within 24 months of Hire
Own Toolbox and hand tolls
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsContact Information
- Luciano Munoz
- 450 W 6TH ST
- Yuma,Arizona 853642973
- Phone: (928) 502-4445
- Email: click here