Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 14 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.Perks of IMS:
Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time. Learn more here.St. Martin de Porres, an Independence Mission School, is seeking a FULL-TIME DANCE TEACHER for the 2022-2023 school year who will join our team in realizing the vision of making "The Arts at SMDP" a central place for our community to experience the arts.
The successful candidate will show a commitment to the school community by consistently going above and beyond, by intentionally building relationships with staff, parents, and students and by dedicating himself or herself to mastering the craft of teaching. The candidate will be eager to learn about and implement rigorous, creative, and engaging curriculum that sets a high bar for student learning and expression. The candidate should demonstrate a strong understanding of the arts and be able to see her or his work fitting into a vision for making the arts a central component of our student experience and community. At this time, we are posting for positions in: FINE ARTS, DANCE, DRAMA, & MUSICThe Arts at SMDP:
More than 100 years ago, the founding pastor of our parish - St. Martin de Porres - invested in the arts by building a theatre in the center of our school building. That space has been maintained and new investments are underway to add technology, sound, and lighting to bring that space to the next level. With a music program and various partnerships for instrument instruction under way, SMDP seeks to build out FINE ARTS, DANCE, and DRAMA in addition to continuing our commitment to MUSIC and INSTRUMENTS (violin, guitar, and percussion are our current offerings).
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Model outstanding character in accordance with Catholic teachings, and exhibit these traits through a positive classroom atmosphere and a commitment to the moral formation of our students
- Set high behavioral and academic expectations for students and be skilled at measuring and using student growth data to inform instruction
- Be an enthusiastic learner, committed to his or her own growth as an educator, who applies skills learned through frequent coaching, grade level teamwork and professional development
- Actively participate in the school community by lending their skills and interests to coaching and moderating extracurricular activities
Certification, Degrees, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate (preferred)
- Clearances on all required background checks (required)
IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!
Want to learn more about IMS and our school locations? Please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/schools/
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: DanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- April Zhang
- 640 Freedom Business Center Dr. Suite 115
- King of Prussia,Pennsylvania 19406
- Phone: 610-200-5100 ext. 111
- Email: click here