Transportation Mechanic IIREPORTS TO:
Transportation DirectorBEGINNING DATE:
Open Until Filled NATURE OF WORK
An employee in this class performs complex duties in the operation, repair and maintenance of the vehicles in the school transportation program. Most work is performed based on prior experience. The employee is expected to resolve problems of medium difficulty with little assistance while others may be referred to a supervisor. Most errors may be expected to be resolved by the employee. The employee receives general supervision and work is occasionally reviewed while in progress.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Considerable knowledge of school bus and vehicles operation and maintenance
- Considerable knowledge of the operating principles of Diesel and Gasoline internal combustion engines
- Considerable knowledge of the methods of adjusting and repairing the electrical and generating systems of automotive equipment
- Skill to perform manual tasks associated with engine maintenance, tire replacement, and vehicle body repair
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Sufficient education and experience to demonstrate of the knowledge and abilities needed for this position.
- 3-5 years experience in automotive maintenance
- Considerable knowledge in diesel engine repair
Salary Grade 63PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses minor and frequently occurring mechanical problems.
- Adjusts timing mechanism, replaces and sets plugs, valves, injection system.
- Rotates, aligns, and balances wheels.
- Installs shock absorbers, springs, and other suspension components
- Repairs and replaces damaged vehicle body parts.
- Tests electrical systems and makes necessary repairs.
- Repairs carburetors, ignition systems, Diesel injection systems and electrical components.
- Performs monthly inspections on equipment assigned that meet N.C. standards
- Removes, replaces and reassembles transmissions; clutches; fuel, oil, and water pumps; generators and other parts of the engine and suspension system.
- Performs general preventive maintenance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to physically perform most repairs.
- Ability to lift moderate to heavy weight (40-50 pounds), stand, walk, run, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb ladders, for extended periods of time.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of Bus Mechanic II. I am able to perform all essential functions of this position.
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsContact Information
- CJ Korenek
- 200 Broadhurst Road
- Jacksonville,North Carolina 28540-3551
- Phone: 910-455-2211
- Email: click here