Refrigeration MechanicREPORTS TO:
Maintenance DirectorBEGINNING DATE:
Open Until Filled NATURE OF WORK
An employee in this class performs duties involving the installation, maintenance, operation, and repair of refrigeration equipment. This employee receives work assignments and plans a sequence of steps. Most problems are resolved independently, except for work of an unusual nature, in which the employee may consult an outside source. Errors may result in disruption of the work of others, and if not readily detected, may result in substantial financial loss. General supervision is received.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and equipment used in refrigeration maintenance
- Considerable knowledge of the different types of refrigeration systems
- Skill in the use of tools and materials used in the trade
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions
- Must be able to obtain CDL (Commercial Divers License) permit within 6 months of employment and CDL License within 1 year of employment
- Must be able to drive to a variety of school sites
- Must be willing to work weekends or afternoons when necessary
- Must have and maintain a driving record that qualifies for school system insurance coverage
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Considerable experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration equipment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary Grade 61FLSA Status:
- Inspects controls, fan, condenser, evaporator, or compressor to determine need for repair or replacement.
- Repairs or replaces defective components reassembling refrigeration units to work orders and blueprint specifications.
- Observes temperature and pressure readings, replaces coolant, and adjusts controls to obtain specified operation of equipment.
- Oils and cleans refrigeration equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspection of refrigeration equipment making immediate necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Adheres to mandated uniform procedures.
- Performs other duties as specified by the Maintenance Director/Maintenance Supervisor or their designee.
- Ability to lift moderate to heavy weight (80-100 pounds), 25 pounds routinely and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to stand, walk, run, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb ladders, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms routinely and to carry materials (such as tools, parts, and equipment)
- Must be capable of and willing to climb ladders and work on scaffold and lifts.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of Refrigeration Mechanic. I am able to perform all essential functions of this position.
Name Date Witness Date
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsContact Information
- CJ Korenek
- 200 Broadhurst Road
- Jacksonville,North Carolina 28540-3551
- Phone: 910-455-2211
- Email: click here