Full Time / 12 MonthMechanic III
Liberty Public Schools is one of Missouri's top-rated school districts, and not only are we seeking educational staff, we are growing our Operations team. We offer an exceptional benefits package and great work/life balance. Join our district and be a part of something great!
The job of Transportation Mechanic II is done for the purpose/s of providing mechanic services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; performing repairs and preventive maintenance; ensuring completion of projects in accordance with trade standards; providing information on the proper uses of equipment; assisting other mechanics and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site. This job is distinguished from similar jobs by the following characteristics: Transportation Mechanic II demonstrates the capability to independently diagnose parts failures and work under supervision on system repairs (engine transmission and electrical systems).
This is a 12 month position. Mechanics are eligible for benefits as listed below. Benefits
- Free Medical, Dental & Vision insurance options (valued at $7650)
- 100% district paid life insurance, and short term & long-term disability
- Generous paid time off policy - 13 holidays, 10 vacation and 12 PTO days
- Retirement Plans - Pension (PEERS), 403(b) and 457(b)
Benefits overview is published on our website: 2022 LPS Benefits OverviewHours
- Daytime Hours (start and end hours vary depending on weather, project deadlines, etc..)
- Must have a current Missouri Driver's License, with a clean driving record.
- Commercial Driver's License - Class B (CDL-B), or willingness to obtain with passenger & air brake endorsements, and Missouri School Bus Permit, or willingness to obtain. (TRAINING PROVIDED))
- State Vehicle Inspector Certification, or willingness to obtain.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check. (DOT physical exam, drug test, and criminal justice fingerprint/background clearance)
Liberty Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a drug free workplace. We have multiple opportunities and welcome you to apply for any position you feel you are qualified to perform.
Applicants for Liberty Public Schools must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Salary schedules are published on our website: Liberty Public Schools
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > TransportationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Cindy Rollins
- 8 Victory Lane
- Liberty,Missouri 64068
- Phone: 816-736-6704
- Email: click here