Dare County Schools
Title: Adobe Academy Teacher
Reports to: Principal
Salary: State Salary Plus Local Supplement
Term: 10 Month
Required Degree Level: Bachelor's Degree
Examples of Related Degrees: Accounting, Administrative Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Information Technologies, Management, MIS (Management Information Systems), Marketing, Financial Services Informatics, Organizational Management, International Business, Business Analytics, Finance and Banking, Risk Management and Insurance, Mathematics for Business, Information and Computer Technology, Economics, International Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management
- Years of Work Experience: at least 2 years within the past 5 years
- Must be willing to complete the required induction and Business Education Praxis exam (Test 5101) in order to become licensed by the State of North Carolina if the candidate is not appropriately licensed.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides learning experiences and teaches the course of study prescribed by the District and State approved curriculum.
2. Primary courses of responsibility: Adobe Visual Design, Adobe Digital Design, Adobe Video Design, as well as integration of appropriate Career Technical Student Organization activities.
3. Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and motivate students.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of student control required to achieve effective participation in all activities.
5. Evaluates academic and social growth of students and keeps appropriate records.
6. Provides appropriate instruction and activities for students to meet school/district policies, goals, and objectives.
7. Communicates with parents through a variety of means.
8. Holds parent conferences to discuss the individual student's progress and interprets the school program.
9. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
10. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays such as bulletin boards, interest centers, etc.
11. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or professional growth activities and university courses.
12. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which she/he will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
13. Selects and requisitions instructional materials; maintains inventory records.
14. Cooperates in school-wide supervision of students during out-of-classroom activities.
15. Participates in faculty and/or district committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
16. Performs other related work as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Ability to manage instructional time. Ability to manage student behavior. Ability to consult with parents, teachers and the community to enhance the learning of students. Ability to monitor student performance. Ability to interact within the educational environment. Ability to perform non-instructional duties as assigned.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: GeneralJob RequirementsContact Information
- Sandy Kinzel
- 3020 S. Wrightsville Ave
- Nags Head,North Carolina 27959
- Phone: 252-480-8888
- Email: click here