PLEASE UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR FL DRIVER'S LICENSE WITH YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTSAlso, effective July 1, 2020, HAR Mechanics who have an active Duval County Journeyman's license shall receive an annual supplement of $2500.Job Summary
Skilled craft work installing, operating, maintaining, overhauling, and repairing air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating systems. This class lies above that of Water (HVAC) Treatment Mechanic and below that of HAR Lead Worker.Essential Functions
1. Installs, operates, maintains, overhauls, and repairs air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating systems.
2. Monitors air conditioning and heating systems.
3. Inspects air-handling units.
4. Maintains and repairs automatic control circuitry relays and drive equipment.
5. Performs major overhaul of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating systems.
6. Diagnoses system-operating conditions using central control or energy management panel.
7. Maintains chemical balance in air conditioning water systems through testing and water treatment.
8. Repairs, recalibrates, and maintains electronic controls of energy management systems.
9. Performs electrical, plumbing, and construction duties related to air conditioning maintenance, repair and installation.
10. Inspects, repairs, and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and ductwork.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.Probation:
Six (6) months QualificationsOpen Requirements:
During the probationary period, must pass a competency examination on liquid petroleum gas equipment conducted by the State of Florida's Liquid Petroleum Gas Division.Promotional Requirements:
All permanent employees who have served for one (1) year in the class of Water (HVAC) Treatment Mechanic, and who meet the open requirements may apply.Licensing:
A valid Florida Driver's license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment in this class. Must possess a current valid certificate of competency as a Journeyman Class; HAR Mechanic License issued by the City of Jacksonville; or Master HAR License issued by the City of Jacksonville; or a State Certified Mechanical License issued by the State of Florida, and must maintain during employment in this class. Must possess a Universal Refrigerant License, as required by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as detailed in 40 CFR Part 82, subpart F.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the techniques, methods, and procedures used in the installation, maintenance, overhaul and repair of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating equipment
- Knowledge of the equipment, tools, and materials used in the operation and maintenance of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating equipment
- Knowledge of liquid petroleum and natural gas systems
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in the care and use of air conditioning and heating systems tools and equipment
- Basic oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating system
- Ability to operate computerized control panels
- Ability to use various electrical testing equipment
- Ability to operate power, mechanical and hand tools
- Ability to read, understand and apply job-related materials including equipment and safety manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:100
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Alex Marx
- 1701 Prudential Dr
- Jacksonville,Florida 32207
- Phone: (904) 390-2000
- Email: click here