Kingman Unified School District invites you to apply for this full-time teaching position for the 2022-23 school year! The position will commence July 13, 2022. Unique Benefits of Being a KUSD Teacher
Job InformationSchool Year
- Four-day work week, Monday through Thursday
- Opportunity for work/life balance with 148-day employment contract
- Two-week breaks in the fall, winter and spring; one week off at Thanksgiving; six weeks off in the summer
- Arizona state pension
- Potential eligibility for student loan forgiveness under the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program after teaching full time for five complete and consecutive academic years (Please note that eligibility is determined by the U.S. Department of Education)
: 2022-2023Teaching Assignment
: Elementary Music Teacher, K-5Campus
: Manzanita Elementary SchoolMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's or more advanced degree from an accredited institution
- An Identity Verified Print (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card through Arizona Department of Public Safety, or ability to obtain prior to start date
- Required Arizona Teaching Certification: One of the following: Standard Professional Elementary Certificate, Arts Education Certificate, PreK-12 Music Endsorsemet or a Music Education Certificate, PreK-12 Endorsement
- SEI, ESL or Bilingual Endorsement issued by Arizona Department of Education
Arizona offers an alternative path to certification for those with a Bachelor's or more advanced degree who would like to pursue a career in teaching. Individuals pursuing a teaching career through this alternative pathway must enroll in a teacher preparation program approved by the Arizona Department of Education and obtain an Alternative Teaching Certificate to be eligible for hire.Salary and Benefits
The 2022-2023 salary range for teachers is $37,075-$48,975. In addition to base salary, teachers are eligible to earn approximately $6,000-$8,000 in 301 money.
Candidates offered and accepting critical needs teaching positions in math, science, and kindergarten may be eligible to receive a one-time $2,000 stipend. Candidates offered and accepting critical needs teaching positions in special education may be eligible to receive a one-time $5,000 stipend and are eligible for an additional case management stipend in FY 2022-23 of up to $4,000. All critical needs stipends are pending appropriate teaching certification.Subject to change for 2022-23 school year.
The District also offers generous benefits including options for medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no out-of-pocket premium costs. Community/Other Information
Kingman is located in northwestern Arizona in the Hualapai Valley between the Cerbat and Hualapai Mountain ranges. Kingman is known as "The Heart of Historic Route 66" and is ideally situated between Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and the Grand Canyon. KUSD's 2022-2023 school year for students begins July 13, 2022 and ends May 24, 2023.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
- Salary:$37,075 to $48,975 Per Year
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationEmployer Description
Kingman Unified School District is in northwestern Arizona, nestled in the Hualapai Valley between the Cerbat and Hualapai Mountain ranges. The town of Kingman is known as "The Heart of Historic Route 66" and is ideally situated between Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and the Grand Canyon.
The mission of Kingman Unified School District is to provide students with an educational foundation for lifelong success. Eleven school campuses are home to approximately 7,000 students and 340 teachers. There are four K-5 schools, one pre-K school, two middle schools (6-8), one K-8 school, one K-6 school, and two 9-12 high schools.
KUSD teachers enjoy many benefits including a four-day work week and a school calendar that features breaks in the Fall, Winter, and Spring, as well as six weeks off in the summer! The Monday through Thursday work week and 148-day contract provide for a work-life balance difficult to match.
If you are interested in applying for one of KUSD's certified or classified positions, please visit our website at https://kusd.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. You may also contact Human Resources by calling (928) 753-5678. We look forward to hearing from you! Learn more about us...Job Requirements
- No experience required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Valerie Luna , HR Coordinator
- 3033 MacDonald Ave
- Kingman,Arizona 86401
- Phone: (928) 753-5678
- Fax: 928-753-6910
- Email: click here