This is an 8 hour, 260 day Mechanic II position at the District Support Services Center with medical and dental benefits. Anticipated start date is June 27, 2022.
Hours for this position are to be determined.
For best consideration, apply by July 13, 2022. Pursuant to Washington law, you must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire. Please do not submit proof of vaccination with your application materials.JOB TITLE:
Mechanic II - JourneylevelCLASSIFICATION:
Transportation - MACP REPORTS TO:
Head Mechanic, Transportation ManagerJOB SUMMARY:
Perform journeylevel work in the repair, service and maintenance of buses, vans, cars, and other district vehicles and related equipment. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
JOB REQUIREMENTS; MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform preventative maintenance to keep buses and other district vehicles and equipment in a ready state of service including: service checks, tune-ups of gas and diesel engines, check and change oil, repair and mount tires, replace and adjust brakes, lubricate chassis and other parts and assemblies, clean engines, check and service batteries, and install needed modifications, i.e. tire chains.
- Weld and repair chassis of vehicles, body, glass, seats, windows, cooling systems, heaters, lighting circuits, and hydraulic systems.
- Repair and install rebuilt gasoline and diesel engines, differentials, and transmissions, alternators, starters, and other related transportation and school district equipment.
- Perform state emissions test on fleet.
- Operate buses, shop truck, and other motorized vehicles and equipment. Operate fuel pumps, scanners, battery chargers, welders, drill presses, grinders, tachometers, torque wrenches, scopes, gas analyzer, starting and charging analyzers, compression gauges and other tools and equipment required in performing repair and maintenance of transportation equipment.
- Repair DSSC kitchen equipment i.e., welding carts and tables.
- Assist Head Mechanic with inventory control and part orders.
- Respond to emergencies such as accidents or equipment failure on or off site.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Assist with meeting the needs of customers, such as bus drivers.
- Comply with District Policies.
- Maintain consistent attendance at assigned worksite and regularly work hours specified.
- Such other related job duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
- Skill and ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Ability to develop positive, amenable relationships with staff , students, and public.
- Ability to perform professionally while under pressure and tight timelines.
- Skill and ability to follow and give written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform physical work both indoors and outdoors to include walking, standing, bending, and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various equipment and hand tools related to job responsibilities.
- Ability to operate basic computer systems including Microsoft programs, Kronos, Sonitrol, etc. to perform general tasks.
- Knowledge and ability to perform basic math, including calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Ability to perform job duties by reading instructions and technical manuals.
- Skill and abilities of effective organization and efficiency.
- Skill and abilities of accuracy and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Mechanic IIOccasionally1% - 33%Frequently34% - 65%Continually66% - 100%
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic or full journeylevel status as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic; or four years of successful and applicable work experience in servicing school buses and a wide variety of vehicles.
- Valid Washington Driver's License with acceptable driving record
- Posses a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), or the ability to obtain CDL prior to the end of the 60-day probationary period.
- First Aid/CPR training and certification
Field of Vision
X Other special tools or equipment used with this position:
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Mechanic Tools
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Simone Neal (425-356-1319), [email protected]
, Section 504 Coordinator Lisa Pitsch (425-356-1277), [email protected]
, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), [email protected]
Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) [email protected]
Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > TransportationEmployer Description
The Mukilteo School District is located about 15 miles north of Seattle near the Puget Sound. The school district area encompasses the City of Mukilteo as well as portions of south Everett and unincorporated portions of Snohomish County north of the cities of Lynnwood and Edmonds. About 68,000 people live within the boundaries of the school district.
The area borders the Puget Sound, one of the great boating locations in the United States, and is close to many recreation areas and entertainment centers. Within the community are large shopping malls, golf courses, restaurants, public swimming pools, many popular walking and jogging trails, and active youth sports organizations. Mukilteo Lighthouse Park offers beach walking, picnic facilities, kite flying, a boat launch and one of the most picturesque lighthouses on the Puget Sound. One of the busiest runs of the famous Washington State Ferries calls on Mukilteo.
The Cascade Mountains loom on the eastern horizon and the Olympic Mountains are across the Puget Sound to the west. A few minutes to the north is Everett, which offers several attractions such as live theater and professional hockey and baseball. Mukilteo School District residents are only 90 minutes away from a major ski area, an hour from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, two hours from British Columbia, and three hours from Pacific Ocean beaches. Only 30 minutes to the south, Seattle offers a wide range of entertainment opportunities such as the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League, the Seattle Mariners major league baseball team, the Seattle Sounders of MLS soccer, the University of Washington Huskies, numerous live theater companies, one of the nation's leading symphonies, opera, ballet, museums, and many world-class restaurants.
The largest building in the world is located within the boundaries of the Mukilteo School District. It's the assembly plant for The Boeing Company, where 747s, 767s, 777s and the new 787 Dreamliner are assembled and delivered to customers. The Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tours is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the area. Also at Paine Field are other aviation attractions such as Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection and the Historic Flight Foundation.
In addition to The Boeing Company, other major employers in the area include Fluke Corporation, Aviation Technical Services, Esterline Control Systems, Crane Aerospace, Travis Industries, Agilent Technologies, and Electroimpact. Just to the north is Naval Station Everett, a U.S. Navy port that is the home for the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz and several support ships. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information
- Mukilteo School District, Human Resources