Practical Instructors will support the required practical labs of the Firefighter courses or practical labs of the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) courses. In compliance with 12VAC5-31-1449. Practical Instructors will assist in all practical skill sessions.Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the required practical or lab skill sessions of the Firefighter courses on a 6:1 ratio.
- Supports the required practical or lab skill sessions of the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) courses on a 6:1 ratio.
- Assists the instructor in various random skill stations.
- Assists instructor in medical and trauma student assessment.
- Paid employee or volunteer member of Loudoun County Fire and Rescue
- Basic and advanced life support practical certification
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Persons certified at or above the level of instruction
- Be proficient in reading, writing and speaking the English language in order to clearly communicate with a patient, family or bystander to determine a chief complaint, nature of
- illness, mechanism of injury and/or assess signs and symptoms.
- Have no physical or mental impairment that would render him unable to perform all practical skills required for that level of training. Physical and mental performance skills include the ability of the individual to function and communicate independently to perform appropriate patient care, physical assessments and treatments without the need for an assistant
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, drive and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 40 pounds.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a part-time, non-benefited, hourly position. No guarantee of minimum hours.
Salary: Banded Rates, Band 12
Reports To: Principal
Salary: $31.05 per hour
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:99
Job Category :Career Education > Firefighter TrainingJob RequirementsContact Information
- Recruitment --
- 21000 Education Court
- Ashburn,Virginia 20148
- Phone: (571) 252-1000
- Email: click here