Please attach a copy of your valid FL Driver's License to your application profileJob Summary
Performs a variety of maintenance activities not specifically related to a skilled craft, such as hauling and dumping fill dirt; removing dead trees and other debris; fabricating and installing signs, playground equipment, fencing and related items. This entrance level class lies below that of Utility Lead Worker.Essential Functions
1. Works independently or as a member of a crew performing such duties as: hauling and dumping fill dirt; removing dead trees and other debris; fabricating and installing signs, playground equipment, fencing and related items.
2. Assists other craftspersons in patching and paving work; concrete and cement work; ditching; and culvert and drainage work.
3. Lays out and stripes parking lots, athletic areas, and driver training courses.
4. Performs minor maintenance and service to equipment operated.
5. Performs related duties as required.Probation:
Six (6) monthsQualificationsOpen Requirements:
Three (3) years combination of experience and training in general construction work entailing operation of equipment such as trenching machine, air compressor, chain saw, water pump, sprayer, air hammer and dump truck preferred. Promotional Requirements:
A valid Florida Class D driver's license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment in this class. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of fence installation and repair
- Knowledge of safety practices, procedures and methods to include first aid
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Knowledge of material and equipment used to perform required duties
- Strong skills in the care and use of hand tools and power tools
- Basic oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic word processing and database software skills
- Basic math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Mechanical ability to operate and service a variety of powered equipment
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions to include sketches and diagrams
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:100
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Alex Marx
- 1701 Prudential Dr
- Jacksonville,Florida 32207
- Phone: (904) 390-2000
- Email: click here