Agriculture Teacher Grades 7-12 QUALIFICATIONS:
Must hold proper certification through the Arkansas Department of EducationREPORTS TO:
Principal and/or other SupervisorTERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
240 days with benefits provided according to Siloam Springs School Board policies.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
SUMMER SUPERVISION AGRICULTURAL EXPERIENCE PROJECTS (SAE):
- Participate in curriculum review and design.
- Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
- Diagnose and evaluate student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Refer students for alternative services as provided by the District (ESL, Special Education, GT, etc.).
- Effectively implement district initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers.
- Collaborate with the High School Agriculture program for effective vertical alignment.
- Supervise students at events related to the Middle School Agriculture program.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise student's agricultural projects.
- Teacher summer supervision is essential to the success of our student's project goals.
- Tool inventory, repair, maintenance, and ordering.
- Greenhouse and plant upkeep and care.
- Attend in-service training.
- Attend vocational conference.
- Attend FFA leadership conferences.
- Visit prospective students.
- Conduct FFA chapter meetings associated with the Middle School.
- Participate in FFA alumni activities.
- Preparing and updating lesson plans, teaching aids, reference files and reports.
- Abide by state statutes, school board policies and regulations.
- Attend meetings and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Remain current on instructional practices in education
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Category :Career Education > AgricultureEqual Opportunity Employer
Siloam Springs School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Staci Branson
- 847 S. Dogwood / PO Box 798
- Siloam Springs,Arkansas 72761
- Phone: 4795243191
- Email: click here