The Teacher plans, designs, implements and assesses an appropriate instructional program in an elementary environment that guides and encourages a diverse group of students at all levels to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The Teacher designs learning experiences, monitors student progress and presents the information to parents, develops assessments, creates and reinforces classroom expectations, works with school administration to prepare students for a variety of assessments, and manages students outside the classroom, such as in school hallways, field trips, etc.
At the elementary level, the Teacher may be assigned to teach students from kindergarten through fifth grade. The Teacher promotes healthy academic and social behaviors in children in a developmentally appropriate manner and continues to positively reinforce these behaviors on a consistent basis. The Teacher also fosters independence through
the gradual release of responsibilities by allowing students to develop the skills to perform tasks without assistance.Roles and Responsibilities
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Establishes a safe and supportive environment that is conducive to learning and enables each student to
demonstrate agency, ownership, and reflection.
• Designs and implements authentic and engaging learning experiences using the Virginia Standards of Learning,
LCPS curriculum, competencies, and strategies to maximize student achievement using a variety of tools and
• Personalizes instruction based upon the needs of students.
• Assesses student growth as related to educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
• Adheres to LCPS Assessment and Grading policy and guidelines.
• Monitors and supports behavior of students in an instructional setting; assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, playgrounds, and during lunch.
• Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with colleagues, students, parents, and the community to promote and support student learning.
• May direct the work of teacher assistants, student teachers, and volunteers to provide an effective learning environment.
• Supports and actively participates in the school's professional learning community to deepen the understanding of curriculum, content, competencies, assessment, and the developmental needs of students.Qualifications
Below are the qualifications for this position:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Holds or eligible for a Virginia teaching license, with an endorsement in appropriate subject area
• Demonstrated knowledge of elementary content, curriculum, and methodology of effective teaching
• Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs
• Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with students, peers, administrators, and
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skillsPhysical Requirements
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.FLSA status:
: 197 days, 2.8 hours per dayReports to:
Principal or Assistant Principal
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Recruitment --
- 21000 Education Court
- Ashburn,Virginia 20148
- Phone: (571) 252-1000
- Email: click here