The Mechanic I is responsible for providing service to the line mechanic by providing preventative maintenance including lube and filter changes, support, and tire repair as required. Mechanic I may be required to work in any of the other Automotive Service areas.Roles and Responsibilities
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
- Conducts lube and filter changes on school buses and other LCPS vehicles.
- Records labor and notes for assigned work orders using fleet maintenance software.
- Maintains clean work area and assists with shop cleaning as needed.
- Assists Mechanic II Technicians with vehicle service as needed.
- Fills in for other Automotive Service Technicians as needed.
Below are the qualifications for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to use computers and fleet maintenance software to regularly record information for assigned work order
- Ability to provide basic hand tools, including basic filter wrenches
- Demonstrate skill in using tools of the trade
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must provide basic hand tools and basic filter wrenches. The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds. The employee is regularly required to climb in, on, and under vehicles; work on concrete floors; perform road service; and work in inclement weather conditions. Hazards include potential exposure to battery acid, electric shock, and flammable liquids such as gasoline, diesel fuel, and cleaning fluids; driving vehicles during inclement and severe weather conditions. Essential Personnel
Employees who perform the responsibilities of this position for the Department of Support Services are considered essential personnel. Essential personnel are designated employees who must report for work during a delay or emergency situations. A workplace emergency is an unforeseen situation that threatens the staff, pupils, or the public; disrupts or shuts down business operations; or causes physical or environmental damage. Emergencies may be natural or manmade. It is incumbent upon the supervisor to inform and confirm which essential personnel are required to work during emergency closings. Notification and confirmation of the expectation of essential personnel to report to work, or maintain as-needed status, will be executed with as much advanced notice as possible via in-person communication or email.
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Months/Days/Hours: 12 months, 254 days, 8 hours per day
Reports to: Team Leader, Central Garage
Salary Range: $20.91 - $26.84 hourly
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:2
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Recruitment --
- 21000 Education Court
- Ashburn,Virginia 20148
- Phone: (571) 252-1000
- Email: click here