To provide quality instruction to students in accordance with the Montessori philosophy and the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches general music to Kindergarten-8th grade including harmony, appreciation, history, and ensemble.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students.
- Provides opportunities for music ensembles including choir & musicals.
- Plans, rehearses, and directs students in three musical programs for school and community.
- Differentiate music curriculum to meet the needs of the individual student and the student body.
- Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Develops and refines music curriculum based NC Standard Course of Study.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and music performances.
- Evaluates each student's musical growth and contribution to the performance of the group that allows everyone to contribute.
- Communicates clearly with parents and school faculty/staff on the progress of individual students. -Maintains care/responsibility for school-owned music and musical instruments.
Valid North Carolina teaching license in Music K - 12, ability to seek reciprocity, or willingness to pursue state certification
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant content area
- Passed or will pass the Praxis and Pearson exams
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- At least 2 full years of teaching experience in K - 8
- Fluency in Spanish
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalEqual Opportunity Employer
Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Shaneki Cauble , [email protected]
- 2600 Sumner Blvd Suite 130
- Raleigh,North Carolina 27616
- Phone: 919-855-9811
- Email: click here