High School TeacherCLASSIFICATION:
Exempt - 187 or 189 Day ContractSALARY:
Approved Certified Teacher Salary Schedule - Based on Education and ExperienceREPORTS TO:
School Principal GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Acts as the primary lead contact for District library services and provides training and professional development for Elementary and Middle School librarians/media specialists.
- Teaches age-appropriate subject matter based on State Standards to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils' progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Knowledge of best practice teaching strategies
- Knowledge of best practices in classroom management
- Knowledge of data assessment and disaggregation
- Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques.
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of district rules of conduct and ethics
- Knowledge of relevant Governing Board Policies
- Skill in monitoring and correcting student behavior.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
- Professional communication skills effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; and maintain emotional control under stress.
Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs. REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
A valid Arizona Department of Education Certification/Endorsement consistent with assignment and a valid Arizona DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Student Services > Librarian/Media SpecialistJob RequirementsContact Information
- Thomas Beckett
- 44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
- Maricopa,Arizona 85138
- Phone: (520) 568-5100 x1003
- Email: click here