REPORTS TO: Electrical Foreman JOB GOAL: To help maintain the physical school plants in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of them may be made at all times. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High school diploma/GED with four years apprenticeship training and schooling
- Hold a journeyman electrician's license
- Minimum of five years journeyman license experience
- Valid Arkansas driver's license
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary Range: Range 12 - Support Staff Hourly Salary Schedule ($16.46/hr. - $29.66/hr. depending on relevant experience)Length of Contract: 244 contract days FLSA Status: Non-exemptPersonnel Status: Classified EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application. APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 22, 2022 (or until filled - emergency posting) IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.
- Install electrical service and equipment in new construction.
- Maintain and repair electrical service and equipment in existing facilities.
- Complete layout work from prints or as directed for himself and helper.
- Compute loads, wire size, and conduit sizes.
- Perform all work in a neat workmanlike manner and according to the National Electrical Code.
- Perform some heavy lifting.
- Perform work at varying heights on a ladder.
- Perform work in extreme weather conditions.
- Perform work underneath, on top of, and in attics of buildings.
- Respond to after hour emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > MaintenanceEqual Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information