Assigned School/Career and Technical EducationREPORTS TO:
ExemptStart Date: 8/19/2022; Permanent Full Time with Full Benefits 10 month, 8 hr position Position Summary:
Provides leadership in an educational environment that encourages and nurtures learning for all students, under the direction and supervision of the principal. The Teacher performs a broad range of teaching services or specific learning programs, assisting students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed as a foundation for learning. The Teacher must develop, select and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of each student's ability. Additionally, the Teacher is responsible for maintaining appropriate records and following the required procedures and practices of Henderson County Public Schools.Qualification and Special Requirements:
If applicant does not currently hold a NC Teacher's license, then applicant must be willing to obtain one through Residency Licensure or Restricted CTE Licensure, which entails educational coursework requirements.Residency Licensure:
- Teacher must hold a valid NC Teaching License or have the qualifications to obtain a NC Teaching License.
- Must hold an unrestricted NC license as a Registered Nurse. Must have a Diploma, Associate's Degree and Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
- National Board Certification is a preferred qualification.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing; 2.7 GPA minimum. Acceptance into an Education Preparation Program at an approved university and completion of program will be required to receive full licensure.CTE Restricted Licensure
requires documented relevant work experience. Two years of full time nursing experience within the past five years is required for Diploma, Associate's Degree and Bachelor's Degree registered nurses. 18 semester hours of coursework in the Education field will be determined by a written plan from the Regional Alternative Licensure Center. Completion of all requirements must be met for full licensure.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of subject(s) taught; thorough knowledge of secondary education principles, practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching; thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, students and parents; ability to operate a personal computer.Essential Duties:
- Plan a program of study that meets the needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that encourages student involvement and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Has an ability to plan, coordinate, and continuously improve instruction for all students.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show evidences of preparation upon request of supervisor.
- Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources, and evaluation techniques that motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Monitors student performance and growth.
- Take all necessary and permitted safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Establish relationships with parents, colleagues, administrators, and the community to enhance learning opportunities for the students.
- Have availability to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when requested to do so under reasonable circumstances.
- Required to self-assess effectiveness and demonstrate successful application of skills and information acquired to increase effectiveness.
- Attend staff meetings and perform other duties as required by the Principal.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.Eligible for ESSER Signing Bonus:
Licensed employees hired into full-time permanent positions between March 8, 2022, and the start of the 2022-2023 school year will qualify for the $1500 signing bonus. Signing bonuses will be paid in two installments: one at the end of August 2022, and the second installment at the end of January 2023.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Allied Health
Classroom Teacher > Health
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: General
Student Services > School NurseJob RequirementsContact Information
- William Rhodes
- 414 4th Ave West
- Hendersonville,North Carolina 28739-4261
- Phone: 828-697-4733
- Email: click here