This is mechanical maintenance work in maintaining and repairing small engine equipment. An employee in this class is responsible for maintaining tractors, mowers, edgers, weed-eaters, blowers, and similar types of equipment. Work is performed in accordance with standard practices of the trade. A worker in this position initiates his/her own daily assignments, follows through on matters, and uses independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.Roles and Responsibilities
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
- Repairs tractors, push mowers, edgers, blowers, and other commercial duty type landscape equipment.
- Maintains various hand and power tools in good operating condition; sharpens blades; repairs tires; orders parts as needed.
- Maintains snow blades.
- Operates small (bobcat type) equipment for excavating.
- Erects playground equipment and performs landscape duties as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
Below are the qualifications for this position:
Graduation from high school and experience in the small engine repair field; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of the methods and practices of the small engine repair trade.
- Ability to repair and maintain different types of small engine equipment; to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the trade safely and efficiently.
- Good human relations and communications skills
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently standing, sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Months/Days/Hours: 12 months, 254 days, 8 hours per day
Salary Range: $24.43- $31.44 hourly
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Recruitment --
- 21000 Education Court
- Ashburn,Virginia 20148
- Phone: (571) 252-1000
- Email: click here