8 hours/dayPurpose Statement:
The job of Mechanic was established for the purpose/s of providing mechanic services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; performing repairs and preventive maintenance; ensuring completion of projects in accordance with trade standards; providing information on the proper uses of equipment; assisting other mechanics; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at the job site.
This job reports to Shop SupervisorEssential Functions
- Attends unit in-service and safety meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Diagnoses vehicle malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed vehicle repairs and/or replacements.
- Fabricates parts for the purpose of providing items necessary for repairs.
- Inspects assigned vehicles (e.g. brake system, oil levels, coolant, tire pressure, wiper blades, fan belts, exterior, and interior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition.
- Maintains records of repairs, costs, etc. for the purpose of documenting required information and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Maintains tools, equipment and/or shop area for the purpose of ensuring the availability of tools and equipment, and safety within the workspace.
- Oversees Mechanic Assistant for the purpose of ensuring that assignments are completed in compliance within established guidelines.
- Performs minor bodywork (e.g. front ends, fenders, upholstery, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining the appearance and safe operation of the vehicles.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance program (e.g. oil change, tire rotation, brake check, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining vehicles in a safe operating condition and meeting mandated requirements.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair and maintenance logs, parts lists, warranty claims, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and meeting mandated requirements.
- Repairs buses, trucks, vans, tractors, and other district vehicle systems and components, etc. (e.g. diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, differentials, clutches, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of vehicles in safe operating condition.
- Responds to road calls regarding disabled vehicles 24/7 for the purpose of performing emergency repair work in the field.
Job Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications)
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skill-Based Competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; operating school buses and/or district vehicles; operating tools/equipment used in the maintenance of vehicles; keyboarding/ standard office software; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Knowledge-Based Competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods of maintaining vehicles;
methods of storage and removal of hazardous materials; and safety practices and procedures.
Ability-Based Competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities;
communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities, and working with interruptions.Required Testing
Pre-employment Drug Screening
Pre-employment Physical ExamCertificates & Licenses
Valid Driver's License & Evidence of InsurabilityContinuing Educ. / Training
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background ClearanceFLSA Status
Non-ExemptApproval DateSalary Grade
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Brittani Janet
- 301 NE Tudor Road
- Lee's Summit,Missouri 64086
- Phone: 816-986-1000
- Email: click here