Job Description POSITION:
Mechanic IV LOCATION:
Transportation ServicesTERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
12 Months DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Record Keeping and Inventory
- Keep up maintenance on assigned vehicles which consists of 30-day inspections, repairs, and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain inventory on service vehicles
- Obtain sign-in sheets which consist of where a bus driver has written a problem with a bus.
- Interact with Drivers and Area Bus Coordinators about problems with buses.
- Fix buses at schools or report to Supervisor if bus need to come in.
- Perform 30-day inspection on buses and activity buses which consists of a 42 item safety inspection.
- Repairs problems found on 30-days inspection and complete TD-18 to show labor and parts used.
- Respond to road calls as directed when a bus breaks down on the route, either fixing the problem or requesting a spare bus.
- Assists supervisors with vandalism and accident scenes.
- Assist with preventative maintenance.
- Make mayor repairs that could not be fixed on road.
- Assist with 30-day inspection as explained above.
- Maintain shop appearance.
- Perform North Carolina Inspections.
- Perform summer services on all buses by following state and local procedures.
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions needed to fulfill required job duties.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Required to work as staggered work schedule as needed.
- Must possess a North Carolina CDL A with P and X endorsements
: The online application is found at nc.teachermatch.org
. Remember to select Johnston County as a recipient. For additional information, contact Human Resource Services at 919-934-6032, Ext. 8036. DEADLINE
: Until filled
The Johnston County Public school system is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the employment or promotion of employees on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, national origin or disability.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this position. They are not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and skills that may be required of the employees assigned to this position. This description may be revised by the supervisor, with HR review and approval, at any time.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Carla Withrow
- 2320 US 70 Business HWY East
- Smithfield,North Carolina 27577
- Phone: 9199346032
- Email: click here