MIDDLESEX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLSPosition: Business Education (CTE) TeacherPosition Summary:
Performs intermediate professional work providing teaching and/or training services to students in general instruction or in a specialized subject or assigned group of subjects, motivating students to develop skill in assigned subject matters, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Department Head/Head Teacher and school principal. Limited supervision is exercised over Paraprofessionals.Job Type:
200 daysFLSA Status:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Essential Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Teaches in a primary, elementary, middle, high or vocational school instructional program and class environment favorable to learning.
- Teaches a broad range of subjects or specialized subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school system; motivates students to achieve maximum potential.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials; develops individual programs for special needs students.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experience.
- Integrates subject area content and technology.
- Adapts teaching materials and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students. Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions.
- Assesses and evaluates needs of students; provides instruction in individual or group sessions; establishes and maintains standards of behavior.
- Formulates and implements behavior modification programs for special needs students.
- Integrates subject area content and technology.
- Identifies student needs; assists with assessment of needs.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with established procedures.
- Encourages students to think independently, develop and express original ideas.
- Evaluates students' progress; maintains appropriate records; prepares progress reports. Communicates with students, student counselors and parents through conferences and other means.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education and self-selected professional books and instructional materials.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional materials.
- Assists with extra curricular activities and field trips as assigned.
- Participates in curriculum development programs, faculty committees and student activity sponsorship as required.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Thorough knowledge of the subject(s) taught; thorough knowledge of primary, elementary, middle, high school or special education principles, practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching; thorough knowledge of school system rules, regulations and procedures; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; skill in the use of personal computers and related software packages, hardware and peripheral equipment; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students and parents.Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree with coursework in assigned specialty area, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Physical Requirements:
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires standing, speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires walking and occasionally requires sitting and repetitive motions; work requires close vision, distance vision, depth perception and peripheral vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to blood borne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, playground, classroom, light traffic). Supervision Exercised:
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Business Education
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Family & Consumer Science
Classroom Teacher > Keyboarding
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial Arts
Classroom Teacher > Video ProductionJob RequirementsContact Information
- Steve Dunkel
- 2911 General Puller Highway
- Saluda,Virginia 23149
- Phone: (804)832-2617
- Email: click here