Edmunds Middle School is seeking a passionate and energetic Middle School Music Teacher to join a school committed to high levels of achievement of all students. This position requires teaming with other middle level teachers. The position may also require teaching elective courses. QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Licensed or eligible for Vermont Educators License.
- Endorsement in middle school music or eligible for Vermont Provisional License.
- Documented NCLB Highly Qualified Teacher status.
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Understanding of cultural Competency (as explained through Essay 1 in SchoolSpring)
- Experience teaching music at the middle school level
- Familiarity with integrated technology as a learning tool
- Knowledge of best practices regarding frameworks of student behavioral support (e.g, PBIS, Responsive Classroom, Developmental Designs, Positive Discipline)
- Knowledge of and experience with recognized middle music teaching methodologies (e.g. Orff, Kodaly, Feierabend, Music Learning Theory)
- Training and/or experience with English Language Learners and implementing inclusion practices
- Experience in a Professional Learning Community, Critical Friends Group, or other best practice model of professional collaboration
- Evidence of engaging with parents, faculty, students, and community to extend and expand musical opportunities
- Experience designing and directing large-scale performances/concerts
- Ongoing post-graduate educational coursework/training
As per the Master Agreement between the Burlington Board of School Commissioners and the Burlington Education Association.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalEmployer Description
If you are a current BSD employee looking for "Internal-Only" postings (based on BEA), you must log in using your Schoolspring.com credentials. If you use BSD credentials, you will be blocked. Learn more about us...Equal Opportunity Employer
Burlington School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Job RequirementsContact Information
- Christopher Celotto
- 150 Colchester Ave
- Burlington,Vermont 05401
- Phone: 802-865-5332
- Email: click here