The MWV Career and Technical Center at Kennett High School is seeking a Health Science Technology Teacher. This position offers the qualified individual the opportunity to teach a beginner-level medical technology program including an LNA licensure program. QUALIFICATIONS:
- New Hampshire Teacher Certification or Statement of Eligibility required in Health Science 0700.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a healthcare-related field
- Current NH - RN License preferred; Master's degree preferred
- Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Director of Career & Technical EducationJOB GOAL:
The goal of the Health Science Technology Teacher is to prepare students for future success in college and careers by:
- Developing within students a strong work ethic is vital to success.
- Involving students in solving industry-related problems through the application of technical, math, reading, and writing skills.
- Developing within students an understanding of the health care industry and the role of the industry in the community.
- Developing within students the technical and safety skills required to enter a health-related college degree program or a health-related career.
- Teaches skills and knowledge in the area of Health Science, utilizing NH DOE CTE competencies for Health Science Technology, locally developed curriculum, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Utilizes student assessment and curriculum resources to establish objectives and inform planning for student learning.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Exhibits positive human relations skills.
- Communicates with parents/guardians, colleagues, and community groups.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Maintains and submits records and reports in a timely manner.
- Engages in professional growth & demonstrates professional ethics & leadership.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned and federally purchased property.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relations with medical training stations at hospitals and other facilities in the area.
- Advises the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA).
- Maintains an active advisory committee consisting of local educators, community members, and current and past students utilizing the group to support the students and curriculum.
- Collaborates with the NH Board of Nursing to maintain a rigorous and licensed LNA program.
- Maintains and develops partnerships with local health care facilities to facilitate clinical rotations and extended learning for students, advises and assesses the outcomes of the opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Allied Health
Career Education > Emergency Medical
Classroom Teacher > Health
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: General
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial ArtsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Siiri Chase
- 176A Main Street
- Conway,New Hampshire 03818
- Phone: 603-447-8368
- Email: click here