Secondary Teacher (7-12)JOB GOAL
To teach one or more subjects to students and to direct them toward reaching their potential.QUALIFICATIONS
Holds a valid Tennessee teacher's license with appropriate endorsement, has strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and meets health and physical requirements.REPORTS TO
Building PrincipalFLSA STATUS
200 Day ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
TEMPERAMENT (Personal Traits)
- Prepares for assigned classes and shows evidence of preparation upon request of his/her immediate supervisor;
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning and maintains discipline in the classroom;
- Prepares a teaching outline for the course of study, in accordance with state and local curricula guidelines;
- Instructs students in subject matter, using a variety of teaching strategies and materials;
- Assigns lessons and corrects papers;
- Prepares, administers, and corrects tests and records results;
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis;
- Issues reports to inform parents of student progress;
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by the board of education;
- Observes students to detect signs of ill health or emotional disturbance and reports, as appropriate;
- Supervises in the halls and during assemblies and programs, as assigned;
- Fosters cooperative social behavior;
- Reports to the principal any reasonable suspicion that a student's health or welfare has been or appears to have been harmed as a result of abuse or neglect;
- Represents the school and the community in a positive manner;
- Meets assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated;
- Attends work regularly and on-time;
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops;
- Complies with board policies, school rules, and administrative regulations; and
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
CAPACITY AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure;
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control, and/or planning of an activity;
- Adaptability to working with students; and
- Adaptability to making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based upon sensory or judgmental criteria.
Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to learn or perform adequately a task or job duty.
- Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principles; the ability to reason and make judgments.
- Verbal: The ability to understand meanings of words and the ideas associated with them.
- Numerical: The ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
- Data Perception: The ability to understand and interpret information presented in the forms of graphs, charts, or tables.
- Spatial: The ability to comprehend forms in space and understand relationships of plane and solid objects.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to move the hands easily and manipulate small objects with the fingers rapidly and accurately.
- Color Discrimination: The ability to perceive or to recognize similarities or differences in colors or shades or other values of the same color.
This job may require lifting or carrying of objects that exceed fifty (50) pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Other physical demands that may be required are as follows: pushing and/or pulling, stooping and/or kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. WORK CONDITIONS
Normal working environment.GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel so assigned.NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY
The Wilson County Board of Education does not discriminate because of age, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, religion, genetics, creed, or veteran status in the provision of services, in programs or activities, or in employment opportunities or benefits. The Wilson County School System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and member of TN Drug-Free Workplace. Employees or applicants who need reasonable accommodations should contact Human Resources for assistance.ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Signatures below indicate the receipt and review of this job description by the employee assigned to the job and by a representative from Human Resources.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:2
Job Category :Career Education > AgricultureJob RequirementsContact Information
- Kim Clemmons
- 415 Harding Drive
- Lebanon,Tennessee 37087
- Phone: 615-887-6596
- Email: click here