Pay Grade: Per Instructional Salary Schedule Period of Employment:
10 monthsFLSA Status
: ExemptSupervised by and/or Reports to:
Building Principal, Assistant Principal, Executive Director of Student Achievement, and Executive Director of Student ServicesGeneral Responsibilities
To aid each student, consistent with his or her abilities and educational needs to: 1. Develop competence in the basic learning skills; 2. Progress on the basis of achievement; 3. Qualify for further education and/or employment; 4. Develop ethical standards of behavior and participate in society as a responsible family member and citizen; 5. Develop a positive and realistic concept of self and others; 6. Enhance the beauty of the environment and response to aesthetic experience; 7. Practice sound habits of safe living and personal health.Essential Duties:
(This list is intended solely as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude their addition if they are similar to or a logical extension of the position.)
- Maintain professional self-behavior in such a manner that the profession, school district, and school are positively represented.
- Provide care and supervision of students.
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of and interaction with community and parents.
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of and compliance with policies, regulations, and guidelines in meeting assigned duties.
- Effectively utilize class space to create an environment conducive to learning.
- Demonstrate effective knowledge and use of curriculum content (subject matter and skills) associated with the instructional assignment.
- Demonstrate effective knowledge and use of instructional facilities, equipment, and materials.
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of and interpersonal relationships with students as individuals and as groups.
- Demonstrate effective professional relationships with peers and specialists.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development; maintain accurate and complete records.
- Provide effective supervision of volunteers and paraprofessionals when applicable.
- Work effectively with peer leaders, supervisors, and administrators.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management skills.
- Provide for sound and effective techniques of instructions.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Respond to parent inquiries in a timely manner.
- Perform duties deemed necessary by the School Board and Superintendent for the efficient and successful operation of the school system.
- Comply with all school laws, State Board of Education regulations, and all rules and regulations made by the School Board and Superintendent.
- Attend all meetings called or approved by the Superintendent, Principal or Supervising Officer.
- Learn the criteria for the evaluation of the Teacher; especially the areas of evaluation procedures, evaluation, steps and appeals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Building Principal.
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of and be sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Assume responsibility for continued personal and professional growth in the teaching field or in the field of teaching, as well as the improvement of the profession
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Serve as a role model.
- Must possess good moral character.
- Must possess at a minimum a bachelor's degree.
- Must have met the Virginia Department of Education requirements to possess a Virginia Teaching License with an endorsement in the area for which he/she is being hired to teach.
- Experience in computer technology preferred or desirable and/or willing to pursue appropriate technology training as required by position.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to: a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, or repetitive motions required.
Manassas City Public Schools assures equal employment opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by federal and state orders and laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. It is neither intended to be, nor should it be construed as, an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Administration reserves the right to modify, assign, or remove duties as necessary.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: ChorusEqual Opportunity Employer
Manassas City Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Laura Yankoviak
- 8700 Centreville Road
- Suite 400
- Manassas,Virginia 20110
- Phone: 571-377-6026
- Email: click here