Performs professional work providing a broad range of teaching services or specific learning program, assisting students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed as a foundation for future learning in accordance with each student's ability, using a variety of teaching and learning methods. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal.Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in education, teaching or related field
- NC Teaching License
- Employment conditional upon NC Teacher Licensure
Based on North Carolina Teaching Salary Schedule.Reports to:
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials providing effective teaching strategies.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences in a classroom environment conducive to learning using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Creates a classroom environment that responds to the needs of individual learners.
- Maintains effective classroom management, recognizes and addresses learning and behavior issues.
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet individual students needs.
- Understand developmental appropriateness of materials and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Evaluates accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods; provides progress and interim reports for feedback.
- Communicates with parents in a timely manner; maintains positive and constructive communication with students, staff, parents and community.
- Protects students, equipment, materials and facilities taking necessary and reasonable precautions.
- Upholds and enforces board policy, district goals, administrative procedures and school rules and regulations. Adheres to health and safety policies.
- Maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance and appropriate use of conference and planning time.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory; Attends workshops, seminars and conferences as well as staff, department, curricular development and committee meetings and staff-development session as required.
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics and state and federal laws.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in areas of the school.
- Ability to perform non-instructional duties as assigned.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationEqual Opportunity Employer
Anson County Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin. Job RequirementsContact Information
- Pam Gathings , HR
- 320 Camden Road
- Wadesboro ,North Carolina 28170
- Phone: 704-694-4417
- Fax: 704-694-7479
- Email: click here