: Based on North Carolina Teaching Salary Schedule.FSLA
: ExemptReports to
: PrincipalGeneral Definition of Work
Performs difficult professional work providing a broad range of teaching services or specific learningprogram, assisting students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed as a foundation for futurelearning in accordance with each student's ability, using a variety of teaching and learning methods atvarious levels to a targeted audience, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performedunder the limited supervision of the Principal.Qualification Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functionsatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired.Essential Functions
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesSTANDARD I: Teachers Demonstrate Leadership
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials providing effective teaching strategies.
- Maintains effective classroom management, recognizes and addresses learning and behavior
- Understand developmental appropriateness of materials and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Evaluates accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods; provides progress and interim reports for feedback.
- Communicates with parents in a timely manner; maintains positive and constructive
- communication with students, staff, parents and community.
- Protects students, equipment, materials and facilities taking necessary and reasonable
- Upholds and enforces board policy, district goals, administrative procedures and school rules and regulations. Adheres to health and safety policies.
- Maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance and appropriate use of conference and planning time.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory; Attends workshops, seminars and conferences as well as staff, department, curricular development and committee meetings and staff-development session as required.
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics and state and federal laws.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in areas of the school.
- Ability to perform non-instructional duties as assigned.
STANDARD II: Teachers Establish a Respectful Environment for a Diverse Population of Students
- Leads in the classroom by taking responsibility for all students' learning.
- Demonstrates leadership in the school by working collaboratively with all school personnelto create a professional learning community.
- Leads the teaching profession by striving to improve the profession.
- Advocates for schools and students by promoting positive change in policies and practices affecting student learning.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards by upholding the Code of Ethics and Standards for Professional Conduct
STANDARD III: Teachers Know the Content They Teach
- Provides an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship withcaring adults by encouraging a climate that is inviting, respectful, supportive, inclusive, and flexible.
- Embraces diversity in the school community and in the world by demonstrating knowledge of diverse cultures.
- Treats students as individuals by maintaining high expectations for all students; and by appreciating differences and valuing contributions.
- Adapts teaching for the benefit of students with special needs by collaborating with specialists.
- Works collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students by improving communication and collaboration between the school and the home and community.
STANDARD IV: Teachers Facilitate Learning for Their Students
- Aligns instruction with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- Knows the content appropriate to teaching specialty by bringing a richness and depth of understanding to the classroom.
- Recognizes the interconnectedness of content areas/discipline by knowing the links and vertical alignment of grade or subject taught.
- Makes instruction relevant to students by incorporating 21st century life skills into teaching deliberately, strategically, and broadly.
- Knows the ways in which learning takes place and the appropriate levels of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students by knowing how students think and learn.
- Plans instruction appropriate for students by collaborating with colleagues and using a variety of data sources for planning.
- Uses a variety of instructional methods by choosing methods and techniques that are most effective in meeting the needs of students.
- Integrates and utilizes technology in instruction by knowing when and how to use technology to maximize student learning.
- Helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills by encouraging students to ask questions, think creatively, and draw conclusions.
- Helps students work in teams and develop leadership qualities by teaching the importance of cooperation and collaboration.
- Communicates effectively in ways that are clearly understood by students.
- Uses a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned by using multiple
indicators to evaluate student progress.STANDARD V: Teachers Reflect on Their Practice
Education and Experience
- Analyzes student learning by thinking systematically and critically about student learning.
- Links professional growth to professional goals by participating in continued, high quality professional development that reflects a global view of educational practices.
- Functions effectively in a complex, dynamic environment by understanding that change is constant.
- Bachelor's Degree from an approved education program in subject area.
- Strong background in North Carolina Course of Study/Common Core and Essential Standards.
- This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force.
- Work regularly requires speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitivemotions, frequently requires sitting and occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping,kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities.
- Work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
- NC Teaching License in appropriate subject area or have qualifications to obtain a NC teaching license.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Allied Health
Classroom Teacher > Health
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: GeneralJob RequirementsContact Information
- Tamara Rollins
- 1000-4 N First Street
- Albermarle,North Carolina 28001
- Phone: 704-961-3042
- Email: click here