The Superintendent of Schools announces the following position within the Fall River Public School System: POSITION:MARKETING TEACHER - CVTEQUALIFICATIONS:
- MA DESE License: Vocational Marketing Teacher in compliance with the following licensure requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher related to the subject matter and skills to be taught
- 3. Three years of recent (within the last seven years), full-time employment experience directly related to marketing.
- Passing score on Vocational Technical Literacy Skills Test (VTEL) or Communication & Literacy Skills Test (MTEL)
- Passing scores on the written and performance tests for Marketing
:To help each student develop competence in the skills and knowledge required by in a marketing trade; to motivate student to apply their knowledge in the classroom/laboratory setting; to encourage students to explore marketing in order to develop a career pathway.REPORTS TO:
Director of Career Vocational and Technical EducationRESPONSIBILITIES Chapter 74 Program- CVTE Marketing Instructor:
- Effectively deliver instruction and content standards on topics such as the principles of marketing, how to operate a business, and the financial aspects of business as identified in the 6 strands of the DESE Chapter 74 Marketing Frameworks.
2.Maintain and supervise student membership, involvement and competition in DECA
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employ a variety of research-based instructional strategies and instructional media consistent with the capabilities, needs and physical limitations of students.
- Educate students in underlying principles of mathematics, technology, planning, best business practices, employability skills, and technical skills related to the DESE Chapter 74 Marketing Frameworks as well responsibilities for School-based Enterprise management and instruction.
- A history of successfully teaching a diverse student population, including students with limited proficiency in English and/or with special educational needs
In accordance with the Fall River Educators' Association contract. Continued employment is contingent on work performance, program need, and funding.Closing date:
Until FilledPlease email your resume and cover letter as an attachment (WORD document or PDF) and include the position posting # for the position you are applying to
https://fallriverschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspxFor a listing of all job postings, please visit our website at www.fallriverschools.orgOnce there click on the EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES button at the top right corner of the page.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Marketing EducationEqual Opportunity Employer
Fall River Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Megan Souza
- 417 Rock Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Fall River,Massachusetts 02720
- Phone: 508-675-8420
- Email: click here