MECHANIC II - TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Full-time with benefits
Start Date: ImmediatelyGeneral Statement of Job
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of manual activities involving the cleaning and maintenance of assigned buildings and facilities, both indoors and outdoors. Employee controls and performs minor maintenance to the building equipment. Work involves sweeping, mopping, and using vacuum cleaners to clean floors; washing walls, woodwork, and fixtures; replacing light bulbs and filters; and policing building to empty trash receptacles and pick up debris, etc. Employee is also responsible for requisitioning necessary cleaning supplies. Reports to the principal.Required qualifications
Essential duties and responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required, two-year degree preferred.
- Experience in school bus maintenance operations preferred.
- Must have strong diagnostic, technical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of school transportation, equipment, applicable practices and regulations preferred.
- DPI inspection certification and CDL Class A driver's license with endorsements within six (6) months of hire date. Failure to do either could result in recommendation for dismissal.
- Perform MI's and PM's on school and activity buses.
- Schedule routine bus maintenance operations on time.
- Schedule activity and yellow buses for field trips.
- Establish an effective working relationship with assigned school administrator, drivers and other staff members.
- Complete work in compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Make emergency service call repairs, without assistance.
- Drive fuel truck and fill fuel tanks, check all fluid levels, check for flat tires, missing lug nuts, or leaking wheel seals. Check that key is out of ignition, air pressure is drained and record vehicle mileage.
Essential knowledge and abilities
- Take additional training/classes for new vehicle (buses, cars, heavy equipment, trucks, etc) service certification when needed.
- Perform other duties and tasks as required by the Transportation Director and/or Transportation Assistant Director.
- Must be physically able to operate mechanical equipment. Must have a minimal level of eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Ability to follow instructions and perform medium physical work.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information. Includes receiving instructions, assignments, or directions from superiors.
- Requires the ability to read simple forms and prepare maintenance reports using prescribed format.
- Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative in completing work assignments.
The knowledge and abilities described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > TransportationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Alisha Cloer
- 700 Liledoun Road
- Taylorsville,North Carolina 28681
- Phone: 828-632-7001
- Email: click here