MADISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #38Position Title: Classroom Teacher-Middle School IB MYP Design
Length of Work Yr: 9 months
Salary Range: $43,280 - $57,310
Placement based on education and experience
Department: Madison Meadows
Reports To: School Principal QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Appropriately Certified
- Education and training related to Computer Science/Digital Design, preferred
To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom, to motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with other staff members.
IB MYP Design requires the use of the design cycle as a tool that provides the methodology used to structure the inquiry and analysis of problems the development and creation of solutions and the evaluation of a solution. In MYP design, a solution can be defined as a model, prototype, product, or system that students have developed and created independently. The design class enables students to develop strategies for creative and critical thinking.
Depending on enrollment, the design class could be a distinct digital and/or product design course, a series of distinct digital an/or product design courses, and/or a single course that combines digital and product design. Sample courses can include engineering, coding or project design. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
- Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Teaches curriculum aligned to state standards.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national standards, district curriculum and instructional materials and assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of interpreting data and assessments to make instructional decisions.
- Supports school and district mission and vision.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility, dependability, organization, and collaboration.
- Establishes rapport with peers and parents.
- Is willing to participate in district training for coaching.
- Demonstrates lifelong learning.
- Seeks opportunities to demonstrate leadership.
Building Principal TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Maintains valid certifications, fingerprint card and Appropriately Certified status. Observes teacher calendar and all Madison School District policies. Salary to be determined yearly according to Governing Board approved range.EVALUATION:
Performance will be evaluated by the building principal or designee.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervises classroom employees, students and volunteers. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk;
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an indoor environment that may be dark or low light and include sounds/music at a high volume.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial ArtsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Ramona Lomeli
- 5601 N. 16th St
- Phoenix,Arizona 85041
- Phone: 6026647900
- Email: click here