Sheridan High School is seeking a highly qualified teacher for music and band. The current music program includes a wide variety of musical topics, including symphonic band and choir, concert band and choir, and keyboarding. The successful applicant will implement and instruct district approved music curriculum in grades 9 - 12 while working cooperatively with district administration to continue the growth of the music program in Sheridan. Experience with music competitions and concerts preferred. Essential Duties and responsibilites:
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their music appreciation, musical theory and musical performance (e.g. voice and/or instrumentation) through a defined course of study designed to meet individual student needs.
- Maintains musical instruments, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of required materials.
- Plans concerts and recitals for the purpose of displaying student performances.
- Participates in various activities (e.g. conferences, after school/evening programs, graduation, etc.) for the purpose of contributing to an effective school program.
- Manages student behavior utilizing best practice classroom management strategies for the purpose of providing a safe and an optimal learning environment.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans, documenting student progress and meeting district, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Assesses students' academic learning and/or skills for the purpose of adapting instruction and providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning instruction based on district curriculum.
- Complies with all district policies/procedures, state and federal laws for the purpose of performing to district and legal expectations.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Physical requirements and work environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and stand, and occasionally sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to push or lift up to 25 lbs such as musical instruments. The employee will frequently use hands and arms to conduct ensembles. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read music or handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will frequently drive while performing the duties of this job. The employee will hear conversations in a quiet and noisy environment and have the ability to tell where a sound is coming from. The noise level in the work environment will vary in dynamics depending on the ensemble and music. Work is performed indoors. Posted Inside:
- Valid Oregon Teaching License with music endorsement.
- Demonstrated abilities to plan classroom instruction around District music philosophy, goals and learner outcomes.
05/19/2022 Closing Date:
Open until filled Employment Dates:
2022-2023 school year Current Staff Application Requirements: TalentEd Application Outside Application Requirements:
- TalentEd Application
- Letter of Interest
- (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of Transcript
- Copy of Certification
Per Licensed Bargaining Agreement
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by the district regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status and disability if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalJob RequirementsContact Information
- AJ Grauer , User
- 435 S BRIDGE ST
- Sheridan,Oregon 97378
- Phone: 503-843-2433
- Email: click here