POSITION: TEACHER REPORTS TO:
Principal/Assistant PrincipalMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field with valid Georgia teaching certificate.
- Possesses Professional Qualifications and is in-field to teach the subject and/or class assigned as defined by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. To meet this requirement the teacher must pass a content knowledge test acceptable to the PSC in the subject, or provide written documentation that may exempt the test requirement within 20 days of employment.
- Ability to relate well to students, parents, and co-workers.
Click to View Salary Schedule:
- Instructs students using the Georgia Performance Standards, appropriate and effective research-based instructional strategies.
- Supports students in building background knowledge to aid in their acquisition of the Georgia Performance Standards.
- Supports students while using instructional technology.
- Is present at work every day, on time, and performs all duties as assigned effectively and efficiently.
- Is neat and professional in appearance befitting one's position in the school system.
- Exhibits a professional attitude and demeanor at all times in dealing with the board, school administration, fellow employees, parents, students, and the public.
- Teaches one or more subjects in the school, and within the framework of the goals established by the school system; plans and implements appropriate long and short-range objectives for each assigned course.
- In the spirit of continuous improvement, faithfully participates in the system and local efforts of professional learning; utilizes and implements skills and uses best practices obtained in professional learning in the classroom to raise the achievement of students.
- Continually assesses student abilities as it relates to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Effectively manages the behavior of learners to ensure the environment is conducive to the learning process and assist in the management of student behavior in other parts of the school and school grounds.
- Works in a self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned; works cooperatively in horizontal and vertical teams on a frequent basis to review assessment data and modify instruction to improve student achievement.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate student grade records and attendance records.
- Ensures continuous communication with parents, both written and oral, to keep them informed of student progress and behavior.
- Effectively supervises teacher assistant performance, if applicable.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, professional learning, and other training through the Principal and/or Curriculum and Instruction Department.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
- Meets the performance and behavioral expectations of the principal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationEmployer Description
Please visit our website at www.newtoncountyschools.org to view all current job opportunities and apply for specific jobs with our school system. Learn more about us...Equal Opportunity Employer
Newton County School System is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Nyree Sanders , Director of Human Resources
- 2109 Newton Dr. NE
- Covington,Georgia 30014
- Phone: 770-787-1330
- Email: click here