Job Title: Elementary Hybrid/Advisory Teacher
Start: 2022-23 School Year
Rate of Pay: 1.0 FTE
195 day agreement- prorated
$2,000 signing bonus (based on FTE)
River's Edge Academy Charter School (REACH) is a personalized learning school serving students in grades K-12. Primary Teacher responsibilities include: evaluating student work, monitoring attendance, keeping grade book up-to-date, and weekly contacts with students, via face-to-face meetings, emails, chats, and phone calls. Instructors may have a flexible work schedule based on the student caseload.
Are you ready to go off script and enjoy the best of both worlds? Teach two (2) days a week in the classroom and two days work one on one with the students and their families. The Teacher is a dynamic, independent, educational facilitator, and out-of-the-box thinker in a world that is changing daily. REACH is seeking an AT to service our students, their families, and on campus.
Successful applicants must have the ability to work independently, communicate effectively, and motivate a diverse population of learners. Working knowledge of office productivity products (Google docs & other Google tools), web browsers (i.e., Google Chrome and Firefox), and search engines are required. The Opportunity:
What you will do:
- To serve students and their families in meaningful ways
What You Will Bring:
- Must be available to be on-site 2-3 days per week.
- Be prepared and present in the classroom prior to student arrival (for onsite classes)
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Develop a course of study, lesson plans, and assessments that are in accordance with established procedures and aligned with state standards
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Attend student intervention meetings and IEP meetings when necessary
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities taking into consideration different learning styles
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback on work
- Conduct LPA (Local Performance Assessment)
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies
- Observe and evaluate student's academic progress
- Assign and grade student assignments and assessments
- Maintain accurate, timely, and complete records of students' progress by updating grades in Student Information System/Canvas/Google Team Drive at least weekly
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- A current Oregon Teaching License or Eligibility for an Oregon Teaching License
- The joy of teaching and learning
- Letter of Introduction (Cover Letter)
- References (A list of names and contact information)
REACH is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. REACH promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Alternative Learning Environment
Classroom Teacher > Art
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Drama
Classroom Teacher > Business Education
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Environmental Education
Classroom Teacher > Science: General
Special Education > Alternative Learning EnvironmentEmployer Description
"Achieving academic excellence through personalized learning, and parent, teacher, community partnerships."
REACH offers a partnership between families, community, and public education that is performance & standards-based, personalized learning, supported by the principles of multiple intelligence, service learning, college & career readiness to students in grades K-12.
At the heart of our program are our Advisory Teachers (AT)s and site-based teachers. In partnership with our parents, they help REACH fulfill its vision. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information
- Cecile Enright
- PO Box 1364
- Rogue River,Oregon 97537
- Phone: (541) 299-0299
- Email: click here