The elementary music teacher will collaborate with a dynamic team of educators to provide learning experiences for K-5th grade students. The music teacher's primary job will be to design, plan, and facilitate a developmentally appropriate music program for students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Duties and Responsibilities
This Position Reports Directly to
- Works collaboratively with teachers to develop appropriate activities in the area of music
- Read "Teaching Johnny to Think" by Leonard Peikoff
- Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for instruction of students in a college preparatory environment
- Collaborate with teachers to plan units of study.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Participate in training and professional development
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating, etc.
- Experience with numerous forms of instructional technology
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to meet the needs of all learners
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and continuously improve instruction
- Ability to analyze situations, determine possible options, and make appropriate decisions based on the facts
- Ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural, or composite characteristics of data, people, or things
- Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with parents, students, teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to manage instructional time
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Ability to consult with parents, teachers, and the community to enhance the learning of students
- Ability to monitor student performance
- Ability to perform non-instructional duties as assigned.
- Understands the growth and development of assigned students.
Headmaster / Appropriate DeanDisclaimer
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.If offered a position, the prospective employee must pass a required health exam, criminal records check, and drug test.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Shelly Ballard
- 2401 Joes Lake Rd
- Shelby,North Carolina 28152
- Phone: 704.740.4040
- Email: click here