Boyden-Hull Community Schools is looking to fill a vacancy for an Instrumental Music Teacher for Grades 5-12.Performance Responsibilities
Terms of Employment:
- Teach skills in music appreciation, harmony, and explorations in music, and in instrumental music (band, orchestra, instrumental ensemble) and choral music (chorus, choir, choral ensemble) to secondary pupils.
- Use the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct students in music theory, harmony, score and sight-reading, composition, music appreciation, and provides individual or group vocal and instrumental lessons.
- Sing or play instrument to demonstrate musical scales, tones, and rhythm.
- Evaluate student' interests, aptitudes, temperament, and individual characteristics to determine suitable instrument for beginner.
- Plan a balanced music program and organize daily classroom work based on teaching outline prepared for course of study to meet curriculum requirements and so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Evaluate each pupil's musical growth and performance, assessing each individual's contribution to the performance of the group.
- Use repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of pupils.
- Cooperate with the school administration in providing musical programs for school productions, graduation ceremonies, and civic functions.
- Plan, rehearse, direct and coach pupils in their individual parts, in fundamentals of musicianship, and ensemble performance.
- Lead orchestra and choral groups in regular and special performances for school program, community activities, concerts, and festivals.
- Establish and maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
- Critique performance to identify errors and reinforce correct techniques.
- Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned. Accompany students on field trips to musical performances.
- Select and requisition books, musical instruments, and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records. Order, store, and inventory musical instruments, music, and supplies.
- Communicate and meet with parents and school counselors on pupil progress and to resolve any student problems.
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Control the storage and use of school-owned property; make minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participate in faculty committees and sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education provided by the district, and in self-selected professional growth activities related to music.
Salary and work year as stated in the employee's contract.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by negotiated contract.
Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an "at-will" employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.The Boyden-Hull Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalEqual Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers. Contact Information
- Julie Johnson
- 801 1st Street
- Hull,Iowa 51239
- Phone: 712-439-2711
- Email: click here