Dance Teacher QUALIFICATIONS:
South Carolina CertificationREPORTS TO:
To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is competent in subject area.
- Uses long and short-term planning to organize course content.
- Plans daily activities with written evidence of preparation.
- Plans for student differences; enrichment and remediation opportunities provided.
- Provides for a high degree of pupil participation; uses challenging questions and interesting discussion.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior; distractions seldom interfere with instructional environment.
- Classroom rules/procedures clearly stated, consistently enforced, and well understood by all students.
- States lesson objectives clearly.
- Employs varied approaches in presenting lessons.
- Summarizes the lesson and actively involves students in its closure when possible.
- Has a neat, attractive, and inviting classroom.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis; includes assessment in planning.
- Communicates high expectations for student success.
- Makes appropriate decisions.
- Willingly helps individual students.
- Consistently has accurate grades, records, reports, and plans.
- Is punctual to school and classes; meets schedules or deadlines for grades, reports, etc.
- Sets a good example in written and oral communication.
- Poised and self-confident; maintains composure under stress.
- Is dependable in performing duties and assignments.
Personal - Professional Relationships:
- Adheres to school board policies, administrative policies, and school policies.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Respects the confidential nature of matters relating to pupils, parents, and school personnel.
- Uses discretion in remarks about students, teachers, administrators, and school matters.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Actively participates in in-service activities designed to stimulate professional growth; exhibits an interest in continuing professional growth.
- Maintains appropriate pupil-teacher relationships.
- Promotes the overall school program by involvement in activities beyond the school day.
- Displays enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190-day
- Maintains professional relationships with fellow teachers.
- Cooperates with the school administration.
- Provides opportunities for parent-teacher conferences.
- Keeps parents informed of their child's progress.
- 5. other duties as requested.
contract. Salary and work year to be established by the district. EVALUATION:
The performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on the evaluation of professional personnel.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: DanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Ashley Watson
- 389 S Dargan St
- Florence,South Carolina 29506