Must be SC certified or eligible for SC certification.TEACHERChester County Schools Purpose Statement
The job of Teacher was established for the purpose/s of facilitating student success in academic and interpersonal skills through academic courses of study and by implementing district approved curriculum, documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.JOB DESCRIPTION
This job reports to PrincipalFunctions
Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher's expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.Essential Functions
- Assesses student progress, expectations, goals, etc. for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an
effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities (e.g. classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Participates in various meetings for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and documenting student progress.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code, administrative and/or school policies.
Job Requirements: Minimum QualificationsSkills, Knowledge and AbilitiesSKILLS
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and managing projects; and using pertinent software applications.KNOWLEDGE i
s required to perform algebra and/or geometry; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: stages of child development, a variety of teaching methodologies.ABILITY
is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment.Flexibility
is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization's services.Responsibility
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 20% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.Working Environment
Bachelors degree in job related area.Experience
Job related experience is required.EducationEquivalency
Valid Teaching Certificate in Content/Grade areaRequired Testing Certificates & Licenses
None SpecifiedContinuing Educ. / Training
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background ClearanceClearancesFLSA Status
Exempt Teacher ALL
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Wendell Sumter
- 509 District Office Drive
- Chester,South Carolina 29706
- Phone: (803) 385-6122
- Email: click here