Three Rivers School District is hiring for the following licensed position for the 2022-23 school year:North Valley High School Advanced Math TeacherPermanentFTE: 1.0Valid Oregon Teaching License is required, with Advanced Math endorsement.Bilingual and biliterate candidates are encouraged to apply.Salary: $40,023.00 - $78,110.00 Application materials will be accepted online until filled.
To comply with the Temporary Administrative Rule of the Oregon Health Authority, and comply with the requirements of OAR 333.019.1030, all public and private school teachers, staff, contractors and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine). All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or file a medical or religious exemption on the approved OHA form. JOB SUMMARY:
This position provides instructional services for elementary, middle, high or alternative education students in a classroom setting. The Teacher promotes and develops successful learning for students, performs instructional and related duties in accordance with District Policies, instructs students, maintains student discipline, is responsible for student academic achievement, and maintains a cooperative attitude with staff, parents and students.QUALIFICATIONS:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A valid State of Oregon Teaching License appropriate for the position with the correct endorsement.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- The ability to follow oral and written directions.
- The ability to effectively work and communicate with students, parents and school personnel from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in at least one language, two languages preferred but not required.
- Proficient in the use of computer and internet based applications, including but not limited to email and Google applications.
- Ability to learn new systems as they are brought online by the District.
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff and district patrons.
- Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment.
- Annually pass the District's required online training, CPR/First Aid, and other training provided by the District.
- Maintain current licenses and certifications required for the position.
- Follow and maintain knowledge of all applicable District policies and procedures; follow and maintain knowledge of all current state and federal laws or administrative rules pertaining to public school teachers.
- Build relationships.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning; promotes high levels of achievement in relation to individual student abilities.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students; assists in the selection of curriculum, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Designs and implements appropriate instruction of subject assigned in accordance with students, District curriculum and state standards.
- Organize instruction using learning objectives and clearly defined student outcomes.
- Selects teaching strategies that emphasize student involvement and engagement.
- Develop clear classroom behavioral expectations.
- Prepares report cards and progress reports; conferences with students, parents/guardians and other staff members; maintains open lines of communication.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, curriculum and instructional methods (example: PLC, Site Council).
- Takes all responsible precautions to provide for the health and safety of students and to protect equipment, materials and facilities.
- Participates in District provided professional development.
- Attends work regularly and is punctual.
- Attends staff meetings and substitutes for others as needed.
May supervise and direct the work of educational assistants and/or teacher aides. All school employees have some responsibility for supervising students and assisting in maintaining a safe environment.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; stand; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception and peripheral vision.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is standard classroom and stage settings. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally high depending upon student population and activities. Employee may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens.OTHER Note:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable, pursuant to Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Prepared By: OSBA Prepared Date: March 19, 2012; updated January 2022;
Three Rivers School District is an equal opportunity employer and educator. Three Rivers School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability, or age in any educational programs, activities or employment. Three Rivers School District will provide reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process upon request and in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Human Resources Office at the Three Rivers District Office at 541-862-3111.
Title IX Coordinator: Casey Alderson, 541-862-3111, 8550 New Hope Rd.
Funding for all positions for the 2022-2023 school year is subject to school funding.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Metalworking
Classroom Teacher > Math: General
Special Education > General Special EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Debbie Simons , HR Director
- P.O. Box 160
- Murphy,Oregon 97533
- Phone: 541-862-3111 x. 5241
- Email: click here