This position is to begin the 2022-23 school year.
This position is supervised by the building principal and is responsible for teaching vocal, instrumental, history and theory of music classes in grades 9-12 in alignment with Oregon High School Arts Standards and supervision duties as assigned. Additionally, there are opportunities for additional specialized elective offerings based on student interest and teacher expertise. This individual must provide students with a well-planned, organized instructional program, utilizing effective instructional practices. Beyond this, extended contract compensation is provided for organization and supervision of Pep Band, Fall and Winter, during Football and Basketball Season.Qualifications Required
- Current Oregon Teaching License with a Music endorsement;
- Demonstrated, positive classroom management skills;
- Knowledge and skills in instruction/learning methods and techniques;
- Demonstrated understanding and judgment regarding student safety;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues, support staff, administrators, students, parents, and patrons;
- Ability to meet the Junction City School District Standards of Competent Teacher Performance and the Oregon Standards for Professional Educators;
- Responsibility to know, understand, and adhere to school rules and District policy.
Junction City School District is committed to building a diverse staff that is fully representative of our students and community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of color and multilingual candidates.
- Successful Music teaching experience with high school students.
- Knowledge and experience in teacher effectiveness, effective school practices, and discipline techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with standards-based teaching, learning, and grading.
- Ability to evaluate the educational strengths and needs of students;
- Ability to convey to parents and teachers the students' learning abilities and needs;
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a current first aid/CPR card.
- Willingness to immerse in the culture and traditions of JCHS and willingness to coach and/or advise clubs.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalJob RequirementsContact Information
- Junction City User
- 325 Maple Street
- Junction City,Oregon 97448
- Phone: 541-998-6311
- Email: click here